pens...another passion
Oct 23, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #31 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
yea i'm really tempted to get that century II in black as a pencil.

would be really nice to use for all my math stuff (classy too hehe)

what does retired mean, u sold it?

LOL! No, that pen was used daily for 15 years. It's followed me everywhere through goodness knows how many countries and I still can't believe I haven't lost it along the way. A few days back I was looking at it and decided the possibility of losing it needed to cease as there are too many memories attached to it now. It has become sentimentally priceless and as such it has been retired...
icon10.gif
I fully intend to frame it and hang it in my office at home..
icon10.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #34 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
I don't see me spending 151.00 on any pen, sorry....not even 20.00 What are those guys insane or what?

It's just jewelry.

May last job, before retiring, was at the Sanford pen distribution warehouse in Bolingbrook, IL (where I live).

In the high value area we packaged Parker, Rotring, and Waterman.

In the Parker line of ballpoints the same refill($4.75) is used in everything from the Frontier Chromaflair(@$13.50) to the Dofold Mosaic(@$225.00).

In the Waterman ballpoints the same refill(also $4.75) is used in everything from the Hemisphere Stainless Steel(@$25.00) to the Edson(@$475.00).

The way it works is: you get a $5.00 refill wrapped in as much jewelry as you can afford.

Employee purchase price for the Duofold Mosaic is $54.70(and they are still making a profit!).

I have a Waterman Carene BP in Amber Shimmer finish ($105.00 MSRP) that I got free because it has a quarter-inch long hairline scratch on the barrel.

Oct 23, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #35 of 174
I have a Sensa pen. These use the NASA ballpoint ink, and have a really, really, really comfortable, squishy grip. The Cloud 9 ones can be had for around $10-15, I believe, but I have this one (carbon fiber) except with a clear grip

I got it for 50% off plus $10 off because it had a little dot of ink on the grip, which came off after some use.

www.sensa.com

Oct 23, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #36 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellophane
I have a Sensa pen. These use the NASA ballpoint ink, and have a really, really, really comfortable, squishy grip.]

I really don't want to rain on your parade, but I feel an obligation to warn you.

That comfy, squishy grip is liquid filled. Eventually, due to age or some kind of damage, it will leak. It makes a small mess, but a mess, nevertheless.

I've seen dozens of these leaking in the package even before use.

Oct 24, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #38 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quad
My queen lusts after Namiki pens http://www.namiki.com/catalog.htm.

She can't understand high end headphones but these she can dig. Luckily she likes the vanishing point series, the low end.

I love the Namiki "vanishing point" fountain pen. I wish I had bought one.

My favorite pen in my collection is a Lamy. It was used by the "Architect" in the Matrix Reloaded as a remote control.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 24, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #40 of 174
Oct 24, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #41 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quad
My queen lusts after Namiki pens http://www.namiki.com/catalog.htm.

She can't understand high end headphones but these she can dig. Luckily she likes the vanishing point series, the low end.

And you call low end 119.00....I will kill my wife if she dare to get one pen of that price....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Oct 24, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #42 of 174
I don't like fat pens or pencils. I can't write clearly with them and I break my lead. I have a few Cross ball points pens and I love the ink in them. Something about the Cross ink that doesn't skip is just great. I have a Waterman fountain pen that always drys up because I don't use it enough. I also have a Waterman ball point that is blue marbled color and I have a Waterman green marbled rollerball.

Oct 24, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #43 of 174
I received a Cross 24 gold plated pen as a gift at my wedding in 1984 (I think it was $45 at the time). Last year the little black top on the pen cracked off, and I called Cross, and they swapped it out for a brand new one.
How about that for customer service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back