pens...another passion
Oct 23, 2004 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 174

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Yep, I must confess to having yet another passion....hey, I'm a passionate guy!
biggrin.gif
Pens! The other day I picked up this one which has now become my new every day pen, replacing a 15 year old Cross pen which has now retired!
wink.gif

Parker Duofold Black Mosaic Ballpoint

Black_White_BP_500.jpg

The metal parts are platinum!!..well, plated anyway..
biggrin.gif

Anyone here else find pens fascinating?

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 174
I was given a Mont Blanc pen at graduation that was too nice to use as an everyday, so I put it away for safekeeping - and now of course I have no idea where it is lol. But the old rollerball BIC keeps on scrawling all scuffed up in my bag.

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 174
Nothing will substitute for my PhD Multi.

The regular PhD mechanical pencils are even better. They write like freaking pens, they're that good.

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 174
Me, I'm not a collector kind of person. I love nice things but I like to use them. Pens, watches, they're all things that I use daily and can therefore enjoy daily. They brighten up my day, you might say, not that it needed brightening, but the more the merrier, I guess..
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 174
I was looking by coincidence one of those Parker's all metal made, and I was not able to find them, I ahd one whne i was a kid, gold plated, now they are becoming really extint, any place you know where I could get one, guys? The one i ahd was a fount pen, I'm looking now for a ballpoint

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 174
I've got a high-price Waterman pen somewhere, with a blue marble finish...

...erm... not sure where lol

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I've got a high-price Waterman pen somewhere, with a blue marble finish...

...erm... not sure where lol

LOL! Duncan, I bet you that could well be a whole new thread! I wonder how many people own pens that are currently AWOL..
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
I was looking by coincidence one of those Parker's all metal made, and I was not able to find them, I ahd one whne i was a kid, gold plated, now they are becoming really extint, any place you know where I could get one, guys? The one i ahd was a fount pen, I'm looking now for a ballpoint

Sovy, don't know them but I found
these guys whilst searching out a picture of the Parker above. Might help..

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 174
I like pens, but don't really have the funds to buy a really nice one. Eventually I will. Basically, I want something that writes smoothly, never requires shaking, lays down a nice thick layer of deep black ink, looks cool, and above all, is comfortable. I'm thinking one of those NASA-engineered pens might fit the bill. (you know, the ones that can write in 0g enviroments, hence, they never bog down)

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
I like pens, but don't really have the funds to buy a really nice one. Eventually I will. Basically, I want something that writes smoothly, never requires shaking, lays down a nice thick layer of deep black ink, looks cool, and above all, is comfortable. I'm thinking one of those NASA-engineered pens might fit the bill. (you know, the ones that can write in 0g enviroments, hence, they never bog down)

Steps, I was actually looking at one of those NASA pens whilst paying for this one...they look pretty cool!
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #11 of 174
Right now Im using the Pilot Precise V7, smooth writing and period, funtional, and don't call me cheapo...LOL...

20716-OA3ww.jpg

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Right now Im using the Pilot Precise V7, smooth writing and period, funtional, and don't call me cheapo...LOL...

20716-OA3ww.jpg

Hey, whatever floats your boat..
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #14 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich

Quote:

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in 0 gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 million developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300o C.
The Russians used a pencil.

biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
biggrin.gif

LOL! The KISS rule..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back