PENON Serial - Triple Dynamic Driver Audiophile IEM
Dec 8, 2021 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Penon

Sponsor: PENON
SERIAL PH.jpg

PENON SERIAL

Triple Dynamic Driver 2Pin 0.78mm Audiophile In-Ear Monitors

Medical grade resin cavity, light and beautiful, comfortable to wear, no strange feeling in contact with the skin.

Semi-transparent black shell, the panel is made of stabilized wood red, blue, and green 3 colors mixed

Made by hand, the earphone shell is solid and more durable.

6mm pu diaphragm for high frequency

8mm titanium-plated for middle frequency

10mm biological diaphragm for low frequency

Resin shell, stabilized wood panels

3-way crossover, 3 tubes

Stainless steel nozzle

PenonSerialIEM.jpg

PenonSerial-IEMs.jpg

Specification

Brand: Penon

Model: Serial

Driver: 3 Dynamic Driver

Impedance: 18 ohm

Sensitivity: 103dB

Frequency response: 20-20kHz

Connector: 2Pin 0.78mm

Cable: 8 shares OCC & silver-plated Mixed Braided

Plug: 3.5mm audio, 2.5mm balanced, 4.4mm balanced

Cable length: 1.2M

https://penon-official.com/product/penon-serial/

https://penonaudio.com/penon-serial.html

PenonSerial-box.jpg

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Dec 9, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 33
I love the design, and should have one arriving in a day or so. I liked certain aspects of the UM 3DT, and quite a few aspects of the KZ QD6 - I'm hoping this will be more to my taste than either. I hope it has excellent timbre like either of those, but more warmth than the 3DT, and better mids and treble than the QD6. I guess I'll find out!

EDIT: I'm definitely into the appearance.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 33
I hope this will become as favorite as Yanyin Aladdin was to me straight from the first listen... @cqtek get your pencils ready for impressions man.....
I am completely with your point of view as far as the Aladdins goes... (and that's why I keep commenting on your messenger Aladdin posts man..)
serial just arrived here at Athens customs...
hoping it won't take any longer now....
just out of the FR in comparison to UM3DTs FR, sub bass seems slightly elevated here on serial....

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #5 of 33
I hope this will become as favorite as Yanyin Aladdin was to me straight from the first listen... @cqtek get your pencils ready for impressions man.....
I am completely with your point of view as far as the Aladdins goes... (and that's why I keep commenting on your messenger Aladdin posts man..)
serial just arrived here at Athens customs...
hoping it won't take any longer now....
just out of the FR in comparison to UM3DTs FR, sub bass seems slightly elevated here on serial....
I hope you will be able to enjoy them soon, I look forward to hearing your impressions. For now I don't know if I'll review them, but I'm not short of desire... But I think a good fellow will post a review of them soon, it will be a pleasure to read it!

Thanks for your words.

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 33
Mmmm this sounds like my kind of rig… totally tempting, will wait for reviews though

Impressions are bountiful in the Penon thread.

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 33
I love the design, and should have one arriving in a day or so. I liked certain aspects of the UM 3DT, and quite a few aspects of the KZ QD6 - I'm hoping this will be more to my taste than either. I hope it has excellent timbre like either of those, but more warmth than the 3DT, and better mids and treble than the QD6. I guess I'll find out!

Looking forward to hearing what you. They have my attention too. The 7Hz Timeless kinda killed the 3DT for me. I like em but I too would like a bit more warmth for them - a bit....

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 33
The Serial is a slight departure from the rich tonality and musical presentations of Penon's past earphones. Serial has a unique wide stage, is tuned a bit more leaning toward a harmon curve, a bit more neutral in presentation.

Yes for fans of the Aladdin. The Serial will be right up your alley. Give them a good break in period and they will provide a nice wide canvas to hear your favorites with.

I will have my review up this weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 33
I hope you will be able to enjoy them soon, I look forward to hearing your impressions. For now I don't know if I'll review them, but I'm not short of desire... But I think a good fellow will post a review of them soon, it will be a pleasure to read it!

Thanks for your words.
you are welcomed man....
right upon first listen there were 3 iems that really had a strong impact on me :
H40
Aladdins
Penon ORB
hope this ll be the 4th one.....

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 33
I wish they would change the name, For some reason the penon name is a huge turnoff. Or just stop putting the name on the iems. As I’m very curious about the volt and this! But I will not purchase due to the really awful branding.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 33
I just want to know if I should "upgrade" from the 3DT to this!

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #13 of 33

If this is what you’re after, I suspect you won’t be disappointed.

By the way, I have to say Penon’s own photos of the Serials don’t do justice to the attention to detail that goes into the shells. Really good use of red wood chips in most of our shells to differentiate right from left.

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #14 of 33
If this is what you’re after, I suspect you won’t be disappointed.

By the way, I have to say Penon’s own photos of the Serials don’t do justice to the attention to detail that goes into the shells. Really good use of red wood chips in most of our shells to differentiate right from left.
Fantastic, thanks for the input! I misread it at first as "you will be disappointed" and I really wanted to know the details of why! Thank goodness for checking again.

I should have my pair in the next day or so, but USPS have been understandably very unreliable, at least for the majority of my deliveries lately. I'm trying to be good and patient to wait for them (and another pair) to arrive and to try them each out fully, instead of leaping on the incredibly priced Isabellae on the classifieds right now. Selling is always slower than buying...

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #15 of 33
Fantastic, thanks for the input! I misread it at first as "you will be disappointed" and I really wanted to know the details of why! Thank goodness for checking again.

I should have my pair in the next day or so, but USPS have been understandably very unreliable, at least for the majority of my deliveries lately. I'm trying to be good and patient to wait for them (and another pair) to arrive and to try them each out fully, instead of leaping on the incredibly priced Isabellae on the classifieds right now. Selling is always slower than buying...

Haha you won’t! I should’ve added that you might have inadvertently described the Serial, at least in broad strokes, in relation to the other two. As someone who has all three, I’d love to trade impressions on the Penon thread after you get your Serial :)

I’m trying to ignore the classifieds atm after all the damage I’ve done but won’t judge you if you jump on the Isa… still have and love my Oriolus Mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back