The PENON official thread
Mar 23, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #2,296 of 13,653

Rejoice! Details, separation, Trebles Abound!
IMG_20210323_185345.jpg

I immediately tried out my HDTrack the Byrds Greatest hits album.
Oh yeah, those percussions are very there!
Organic mids are maintained...

Next..
1616512754396.png

because of the Bass!

oh man. NO more issues of less Treble, and minimal detail retrieval !

PRAT, ADSR definitely better...
level of engagement Better...

(I have to take my dinner Now! Before i forget again, LOLS)

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #2,297 of 13,653
Rejoice! Details, separation, Trebles Abound!

Bin Bin (Bass, layering, separation, treble detail) , Sinnerman (Ms. Nina's voice, skilful percussions, that piano!, the entire performance)
1616516204840.png
1616516454459.png

demonstrates the Globe is a totally differnet tuning from the Orb.

The Orbs are very analog, vinyl junkies, can definitely Dig its timbre properties (me included). How music is presented.
Whilst the Globes are tuned in a different direction.
Lively, detailed, agile, swift but nuanced...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #2,298 of 13,653
Quite busy lately hence my inactivity. Starting to get back to the hobby. Received some PMs regarding my take on the Globe. Quick impression on the Globe will be the bass is articulated well with agility and each hit is precise. The midrange is imbued with a slight tinge of warmth and transparency is maintained at a high standard. Vocals are expressed cleanly with fantastic clarity. Treble is light, airy and extended. Soundstage is pretty open. Hope this helps.

photo_2021-03-23_20-49-47.jpg

Would you mind comparing to the Blessing 2 and Dusk? Thanks!

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #2,299 of 13,653
It's #9 of this album already.
Time flies very fast.
1616522367786.png

Tbh, there is a good amount of detail everywhere.
The Globes are a fast paced pair.
It's quite impossible not to tap your foot, bang your head and be amazed with the details they retrieve at the same time.
Without compromising to shift to another house sound, the Penon full bodiedness is in tact. Fair amount, this time lighter if you may, of full body heft.
The Sub-bass are awesome, organic full bodied mids, Crispy, extended trebles (yes, trebles) and a very fair amount of details here and there.

Eve of Destruction Kokoko remix

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2,300 of 13,653
What is the top cable recommendation to pair with the Volt under $200? Sorry... flagship Totem and OSG are out of the running! Could be another Penon cable... OS849, Neo, Orbit, or another manufacturer. I assume I'd want either SPC or pure silver with the Volt. All suggestions welcome!

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #2,301 of 13,653
What is the top cable recommendation to pair with the Volt under $200? Sorry... flagship Totem and OSG are out of the running! Could be another Penon cable... OS849, Neo, Orbit, or another manufacturer. I assume I'd want either SPC or pure silver with the Volt. All suggestions welcome!

Cables : https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-ag8.html

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,302 of 13,653
You can take a look at the cables on this store:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/910746107.html

They can even make custom cables without being that expensive.

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #2,304 of 13,653
Mar 23, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #2,305 of 13,653
I am well aware of that maker... in fact I already have a few of their cables in my cart and is one reason I asked about the tonality of the graphene cable. I was looking at that one or their pure silver cable. What would be your top pick?
I havent gotten any of their cables yet.

But since their pure silver is confirmed to be the NiceHCK litzps pro/kbear limpid pro, that is my current rec from them.

BUT, I gave them the idea to use their pure silver cable + copper in a hybrid configuration. They will start selling it tomorrow. More details from this post onwards:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-383#post-16255170

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #2,306 of 13,653
Hi everyone, long time lurker here and that's my first post :)

because of your recommendations I bought Penon Orb and really happy with it. Waiting currently on the Penon cable you guys recommended also( os849 I think it's called).

I want to buy new iem and deciding between Dunu sa6 and Penon Globe.
Listening mostly to metal(death/black/prog/dissonant stuff). I'm eagerly waiting for more impressions of the Globe and how would that work for very fast paced, dynamic music that's often quite nuanced and poorly mastered.

Penon Orb serves me mostly well, but it's not the most technical iem and some treble extension is indeed missing. Have a feeling that bass is not the fastest one, but I love it anyway :)

Can anyone guide me here towards Globe, Dunu sa6 or maybe something else to use mostly for extreme metal?(Not convinced about either Lz A7 or Um 3dt) Balanced, musical and warmish sound, that has nice technical foundation without sharpness is my preference. I would like to complement my Orb with something a bit different but from the same planet if that makes sense :)

thanks for tones of great advice I've got already!

best regards to all here :)

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #2,307 of 13,653
I am well aware of that maker... in fact I already have a few of their cables in my cart and is one reason I asked about the tonality of the graphene cable. I was looking at that one or their pure silver cable. What would be your top pick?

It will be the consumers' freedom to choose to save, including Me.
1616528437776.png

Pls. be careful. There is no such thing, @ this price range.
Without mentioning Brands/builders, my Japanese Litz 4n gr.st. awg.26 pure ofc copper is usd595. multiple coated, shielded, sleeved and terminated w/ decent Japanese machinist parts makers

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #2,308 of 13,653
Hi everyone, long time lurker here and that's my first post :)

because of your recommendations I bought Penon Orb and really happy with it. Waiting currently on the Penon cable you guys recommended also( os849 I think it's called).

I want to buy new iem and deciding between Dunu sa6 and Penon Globe.
Listening mostly to metal(death/black/prog/dissonant stuff). I'm eagerly waiting for more impressions of the Globe and how would that work for very fast paced, dynamic music that's often quite nuanced and poorly mastered.

Penon Orb serves me mostly well, but it's not the most technical iem and some treble extension is indeed missing. Have a feeling that bass is not the fastest one, but I love it anyway :)

Can anyone guide me here towards Globe, Dunu sa6 or maybe something else to use mostly for extreme metal?(Not convinced about either Lz A7 or Um 3dt) Balanced, musical and warmish sound, that has nice technical foundation without sharpness is my preference. I would like to complement my Orb with something a bit different but from the same planet if that makes sense :)

thanks for tones of great advice I've got already!

best regards to all here :)

Those in Green coloured font, have been settled by the Globes. the technicalities are very fair and good, very good treble extension, surprisingly very fast Bass, mids & extended trebles.
Other strong traits out of the Penon House sound, Sub-terranean bass, bodied natural mids, the usual awesome human voices.
You could lip sync on any track on the album below, a surprisingly clean and fast album, the Globes can keep up, with consumate ease.

1616529515003.png
1616529559802.png
1616529600103.png
1616529661057.png
1616529732224.png

Be prepared to head bang...

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #2,309 of 13,653
another promising iem,
need to check my wallet,

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #2,310 of 13,653
Those in Green coloured font, have been settled by the Globes. the technicalities are very fair and good, very good treble extension, surprisingly very fast Bass, mids & extended trebles.
Other strong traits out of the Penon House sound, Sub-terranean bass, bodied natural mids, the usual awesome human voices.
You could lip sync on any track on the album below, a surprisingly clean and fast album, the Globes can keep up, with consumate ease.

Be prepared to head bang...
Thanks for reply! I'm even more pumped about Globe now :)
I almost purchased Globe but I still haven't got the cable from Penon, which I bought btw 27.02 and still no sign of it in Norway where I live. So it goes with the standart shipping :wink:

Someone here said that Penon Orb with this os849 cable gets noticeably better. I wonder how would that combo stuck up against Globe or Dunu sa6 :)

Ps Headbanging yeah! ...and my journey in to the extreme have been catapulted with( among others) Toxicity album :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back