The PENON official thread
Apr 7, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #2,417 of 13,619
which IEMs did you find redundant after getting Globe?
My visceral bass units, FD1 and AQ0 for certain. For relaxed listening, the Globe will take significant ear time away from the Starfield and DK-2001.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #2,418 of 13,619
My visceral bass units, FD1 and AQ0 for certain. For relaxed listening, the Globe will take significant ear time away from the Starfield and DK-2001.
interesting. I have an Aria.
I'm interested to upgrade to the Globe, but afraid it may be too bassy/veiled. I used to own a Shanling ME700 with a similar looking FR to the Globe and the bass on it is rather overwhelming.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #2,419 of 13,619
interesting. I have an Aria.
I'm interested to upgrade to the Globe, but afraid it may be too bassy/veiled. I used to own a Shanling ME700 with a similar looking FR to the Globe and the bass on it is rather overwhelming.
I haven’t seen the graph. I will need to look it up. Thanks

On some tracks the bass on the Globe is basshead level. The Globe is a warmish, lush IEM. I would not say is is a direct upgrade to the Aria as the bass amount of the Globe is higher than the Starfield and the 3kHz peak seems lower on the Globe. I would suggest you wait for some reviews to come out before jumping on the Globe train.

When I tag team the Globe with the SeeAudio Yume I pretty much have a mid-fi yin/yang that covers everything very well. Of course, I always want to keep up with anything new! :wink:

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,420 of 13,619
What's the Globe like compared to the Orb? Worthwhile?

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #2,423 of 13,619
Cema PS pairs very well with VOLT, that became a lot more dynamic and vivid, i found Volt always a bit calm and i miss bite on mid/highs.
Ok i found a quite cheap solution with Cema PS :)

21D9C58B-3CD9-478B-B410-763288E597AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,424 of 13,619
What's the Globe like compared to the Orb? Worthwhile?
Tonality is unmistakable with the Orbs single BA and the Globes mid band BA but it is the added Knowles BA for treble that makes a difference I also notice since treble having not only more presence and extension but adds an element of a more expansive stage as well. It is funny as I mentioned a while ago when the Orbs were taking off that an added BA for the treble would really take the Orb sonics to the next level. i think a few of us was thinking the same. Still has that organic rich tone and sound quality now even better with better treble presence and stage. If you feel that will be worthwile then it will be.

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,426 of 13,619
Tonality is unmistakable with the Orbs single BA and the Globes mid band BA but it is the added Knowles BA for treble that makes a difference I also notice since treble having not only more presence and extension but adds an element of a more expansive stage as well. It is funny as I mentioned a while ago when the Orbs were taking off that an added BA for the treble would really take the Orb sonics to the next level. i think a few of us was thinking the same. Still has that organic rich tone and sound quality now even better with better treble presence and stage. If you feel that will be worthwile then it will be.
That describes my perception of the Globe also. Wonderfully organic and rich, reminding me of vinyl recordings.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #2,427 of 13,619
I haven’t seen the graph. I will need to look it up. Thanks

On some tracks the bass on the Globe is basshead level. The Globe is a warmish, lush IEM. I would not say is is a direct upgrade to the Aria as the bass amount of the Globe is higher than the Starfield and the 3kHz peak seems lower on the Globe. I would suggest you wait for some reviews to come out before jumping on the Globe train.

When I tag team the Globe with the SeeAudio Yume I pretty much have a mid-fi yin/yang that covers everything very well. Of course, I always want to keep up with anything new! :wink:
that actually sounds great, because I do find the bass on my Aria rather anemic (esp sub-bass). I also actually don't mind less presence at 3k, as I'm used to much warmer set prior to Aria.

My only worries on the Globe is that its bass may overwhelm the rest of the sound. It has a good few db more in both mid and sub bass than Z1R, and Z1R bass has already been well boosted over neutral.

Hope to see more reviews coming. I don't know anyone with a Globe, so trial is sadly not possible

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #2,428 of 13,619
I am with ya. It is tough buying blind. The thread here has some trusted opinions with reviews incoming.

You mentioned the Globe’s fr graph. I cannot find it. Would you mind posting a link to the graph?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #2,429 of 13,619
I am with ya. It is tough buying blind. The thread here has some trusted opinions with reviews incoming.

You mentioned the Globe’s fr graph. I cannot find it. Would you mind posting a link to the graph?
@tgx78 posted a Globe graph on page 161. One with Z1R and one with Volt. On that graph Globe has at least 2-3db more than Z1R from 1k all the way down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back