2DD, 4BA + 2EST

Left Shell
1616342325840.png

Right Shell
1616342467610.png

Mar 22, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #2,270 of 13,628
67F59E88-72DE-45B8-9D62-19755953216E.jpeg
Globe is here.. will listen to it later tonight
Eagerly waiting for your impression and comparison between them.

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #2,271 of 13,628
11453870.png

Just received Penon Globe yesterday, DHL pretty fast wow

First thing about globe, the build quality is good, it looks better than advertised, smaller size compared to orb but it still a bit bigger than some IEM
here is some comparative shell size (against moondrop blessing):
1616473759793.png

1616473837656.png

1616473899429.png

So quick impression after listening few hours:
Balance sound with warm touch, bass create good atmosphere with impressive punch, sparkling treble and airy with good extension, the highlight this time in female vocal and string instrument.
String instrument is superb when i'm listening through my Quloos QA390, lifelike performance.
Stunning exciting female vocal, i really enjoy wide range of female vocal, from someone heavy as Chie Ayado/Salena Jones/Shirley Bassey to airy vocal like Eva Cassidy/Tong Li

the weakness from globe? hmm, probably on song that need high technical performance like big orchestra.
Don't get me wrong because Globe is great with Symphonic Metal such as Within Temptation / Epica / Nightwish

so against orb? technical wise globe is better, but orb has its charm with male vocal (which is still the best male vocal in the price range). Globe is more flexible than orb for sure

I think globe is worth the price (especially with discount which is going on right now), it offer something different than the trends (harman-ish sound signature) and doing well at it

Lemme hear a lot more with globe before write full review

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #2,272 of 13,628
11453870.png

Just received Penon Globe yesterday, DHL pretty fast wow

First thing about globe, the build quality is good, it looks better than advertised, smaller size compared to orb but it still a bit bigger than some IEM
1616473759793.png
1616473837656.png
1616473899429.png

So quick impression after listening few hours:
Balance sound with warm touch, bass create good atmosphere with impressive punch, sparkling treble and airy with good extension, the highlight this time in female vocal and string instrument.
String instrument is superb when i'm listening through my Quloos QA390, lifelike performance.
Stunning exciting female vocal, i really enjoy wide range of female vocal, from someone heavy as Chie Ayado/Salena Jones/Shirley Bassey to airy vocal like Eva Cassidy/Tong Li

the weakness from globe? hmm, probably on song that need high technical performance like big orchestra.
Don't get me wrong because Globe is great with Symphonic Metal such as Within Temptation / Epica / Nightwish

so against orb? technical wise globe is better, but orb has its charm with male vocal (which is still the best male vocal in the price range). Globe is more flexible than orb for sure

I think globe is worth the price (especially with discount which is going on right now), it offer something different than the trends (harman-ish sound signature) and doing well at it

Lemme hear a lot more with globe before write full review
So it has a warmish tuning, musical but not highly technical, i.e note definition is not at par with other offerings in this field, like, mangird Tea, or BGVP DM8?

How is the background compared to Orb? I found Orb to be a bit hazy in the background occasionally. Also, is there more energy in the highs compared to Orb?

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #2,273 of 13,628
So it has a warmish tuning, musical but not highly technical, i.e note definition is not at par with other offerings in this field, like, mangird Tea, or BGVP DM8?

How is the background compared to Orb? I found Orb to be a bit hazy in the background occasionally. Also, is there more energy in the highs compared to Orb?
Mangird tea is warm energetic for me, it should be the same level of warm, globe just a bit thicker
the difference in the bass, Bass in globe has more sub-bass and more focused on creating the atmosphere, both has the same impact power
for female vocal more closer in globe which create more intimate sensation
for the treble quite similar in presentation, though IMO globe has the better extension in upper treble (violin top notes more present in globe than Tea)
globe definitely has more width than tea, while for the depth is better in tea by small margin
Note definition definitely tea is a bit better, while globe is much smoother

Globe is much better than orb in mid-high frequency, cleaner, more extension, more sparkling.
though i enjoy male vocal in orb more than globe (not bad in globe, but not as special as orb offering)

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #2,274 of 13,628
Penon Globe

Globe is like Orb matured. It has good ol’ Penon house sound, but with a more balanced range with fairly thick sounding bass transitioning into organic lower mids then to smooth ear gains to shimmering treble. The Penon's confidence in coherent hybrid setup is reflected in the naturalness in sound. The bass has enough extension in the low-end and has a strong sense of power. There is a tendency of the sound to avoid boomy bass, strengthen the feeling of power, and emphasize the extension and impact in the low-end. It’s not the most nimble nor textured bass I have ever encountered, but it is very serviceable and convincing for its price bracket. The mid and high frequencies have high cleanliness that provide a good lateral extension and bit of perceived depth, as well provide just enough contrast to counter the low end warmth to not sound too syrupy. There is definitely added lower treble presence somewhere around 9kHz compared to the Orb or even Volt which in turn helps to provide precise imaging with a good localization.

The tone has decidedly rich reverberation components in addition to the solid fundamentals which recreate this sense of large sound field and space of the concert hall albeit with a slight atmospheric haziness. For this reason, especially with classical genre, a highly resolving and analytical source + cable combo might be beneficial.

So far I am loving the Globe’s colorful and beautiful sound of acoustic instruments such as pianos and stringed instruments very much. Being Penon tuned, anything vocal sounds amazing to boot.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #2,275 of 13,628
Penon Globe

Globe is like Orb matured. It has good ol’ Penon house sound, but with a more balanced range with fairly thick sounding bass transitioning into organic lower mids then to smooth ear gains to shimmering treble. The Penon's confidence in coherent hybrid setup is reflected in the naturalness in sound. The bass has enough extension in the low-end and has a strong sense of power. There is a tendency of the sound to avoid boomy bass, strengthen the feeling of power, and emphasize the extension and impact in the low-end. It’s not the most nimble nor textured bass I have ever encountered, but it is very serviceable and convincing for its price bracket. The mid and high frequencies have high cleanliness that provide a good lateral extension and bit of perceived depth, as well provide just enough contrast to counter the low end warmth to not sound too syrupy. There is definitely added lower treble presence somewhere around 9kHz compared to the Orb or even Volt which in turn helps to provide precise imaging with a good localization.

The tone has decidedly rich reverberation components in addition to the solid fundamentals which recreate this sense of large sound field and space of the concert hall albeit with a slight atmospheric haziness. For this reason, especially with classical genre, a highly resolute and analytical source + cable combo might be beneficial.

So far I am loving the Globe’s colorful and beautiful sound of acoustic instruments such as pianos and stringed instruments very much. Being Penon tuned, anything vocal sounds amazing to boot.
Very Nice! If you can, please post some early comparisons between the Globe and the Rose QT9

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #2,277 of 13,628
Looks similar to Reecho Insects Awaken shape.
I love it and fit perfect to me😍

35A68961-8892-4F93-8734-4A81CB0CC9EB.jpeg

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #2,278 of 13,628
Discount? On Globe already? Where? I'm still waiting on a reply to my order placed a week ago that's still pending and they're not replying to any messages... confused and rather hesitant on doing further business if this continues....

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #2,279 of 13,628
Discount? On Globe already? Where? I'm still waiting on a reply to my order placed a week ago that's still pending and they're not replying to any messages... confused and rather hesitant on doing further business if this continues....
pretty sure you'll get email from penon if you join their mailing list, from there i got the early bird discount code xD

have you tried to send them email? https://penonaudio.com/contact.html

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #2,280 of 13,628
pretty sure you'll get email from penon if you join their mailing list, from there i got the early bird discount code xD

have you tried to send them email? https://penonaudio.com/contact.html
Yes... I have an account set up and am on their mailing list. Two emails and an online account message sent to them. Still waiting.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back