Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Nov 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #2,163 of 2,804
  Interesting, first I've heard of that.

Yeah, I didn't know either. However, according to the post in which this picture was attached, the Safari's feed just can't supply the ink required for that kind of a nib.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,165 of 2,804
  Architecture pens are my favorite, they give you pinpoint precision!  Helps balance out my trainwreck handwriting.

The photo is not what I imagined when I read that - I was expecting to see a Rapidograph-style technical pen... now that would make for a fun discussion! :)

Side note - I bounce in and out of here periodically and don't follow the thread that intently... Anyone planning to jump on the LE wooden VP?

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,166 of 2,804
The photo is not what I imagined when I read that - I was expecting to see a Rapidograph-style technical pen... now that would make for a fun discussion! :)

Side note - I bounce in and out of here periodically and don't follow the thread that intently... Anyone planning to jump on the LE wooden VP?

VPs are not my cup of tea.
I really like the Lamy Dialog 3, if it wasn't for the delayed start problem.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2,168 of 2,804
Me......... and retractable nibs?
nea.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2,169 of 2,804
I'm more interested in the design of such pens than their utility. Especially when I see the nib appear when the back section is twisted..

However I've never lost a cap on a pen.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,170 of 2,804
I use my VPs far less now that I'm in a slow office setting, but I'll still carry them as an out-and-about writing pen. I don't think I would have survived college without my trusty silver one. Not my favorite pen to look at, but it's grown on me as sort of an... awkward classic. I've never lost a cap either, but the VP is great for quick access, and quick 'closure,' keep the nibs from drying out. Probably my favorite feeling nibs as well. These days I mostly use Pelikans as I don't like the inconvenience of convertors, but I really don't like how wet they write and how broad their idea of an xf is. I'm still tempted by the wooden VP though... Love the feel of wood bodies!

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,171 of 2,804
I'm more interested in the design of such pens than their utility. Especially when I see the nib appear when the back section is twisted..

However I've never lost a cap on a pen.
me neither! (uses a g2)

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2,172 of 2,804
These days I mostly use Pelikans as I don't like the inconvenience of convertors, but I really don't like how wet they write and how broad their idea of an xf is.

Try an older pelikan. The modern ones have a ball shaped point, its made to be stiff and broad.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #2,173 of 2,804
me neither! (uses a g2)

To me the whole exercise of twisting open a pen cap and posting it has a ritualistic feel. Its something I treasure about fps; they are the tool of an intellectual mind.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,174 of 2,804
To me the whole exercise of twisting open a pen cap and posting it has a ritualistic feel. Its something I treasure about fps; they are the tool of an intellectual mind.
sadly fountain pens are expensive, and I don't have the blow away cash. :frowning2:

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,175 of 2,804
When I began buying fountain pens I thought the hooded nibs looked ridiculous. Now I quite like the minimal design of the pens that have them.

That's part of the appeal about owning different fountain pens. You can change looks, nib grades, ink colours, filling systems to suit your mood. Much like music and audio gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back