Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Jun 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #526 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raleigh pen show coming up this weekend. I'm going down and setting up. Pen collection got just a bit out of hand (OK, it got a LOT out of hand), and I'm cutting it down. Ideally, I want to reach a core collection of about 200-250 pens, but that means cutting my current collection in half
tongue.gif

Hey, post some of them here. I'm sure we'd be happy to take some of them off your hands!

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #527 of 2,804
Jun 5, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #528 of 2,804
I've bought two pens from Todd with excellent experience. I placed both orders around noon and both were shipped the same day.

I've communicated with him a couple times via email and he always responds in a matter of hours. What email address are you using? The one I have is: PEN-KING2@COX.NET

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #529 of 2,804
I used that one...my last email was sent on the 2nd.

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #531 of 2,804
it was in his spam folder.

If I buy any new pen does it need to get adjusted before I can really use it? some other sites is offering that as an additional service for charing a little more for the pen....worth the money?

I am thinking about the Pelikan M600.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #532 of 2,804
I would definately get the Pelikan adjusted, just in case. It is just insurance since Pelikan has QC issues with their EF/F nibs or so it seems, mine certainly did. I don't want to say its rampant or anything but it is talked about on the FPN forums. :p Additionally, I miss using the Pelikan already and its only been 3 days. Turnaround time for replacement is 2-3 weeks.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #534 of 2,804
I have two Pelikans, an M250 with an M nib and an M600 with an F nib. Neither was 'adjusted' (I assume you're talking about Richard Binder) and both are among my best writers. I also just gave my sister an 'F' M600 for her birthday and it seems to be just fine as well.

An M800 is on my to buy list and I will probably get it from Binder just to see the difference.

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #535 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two Pelikans, an M250 with an M nib and an M600 with an F nib. Neither was 'adjusted' (I assume you're talking about Richard Binder) and both are among my best writers. I also just gave my sister an 'F' M600 for her birthday and it seems to be just fine as well.

An M800 is on my to buy list and I will probably get it from Binder just to see the difference.

so... any difference?
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #536 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so... any difference?
wink.gif

Sorry, chesebert, a Visconti Van Gogh is next on my purchase list followed by an Omas Bologna. Actually, I placed an order for the Van Gogh this morning only to receive a call from the dealer to say that the color I wanted was sold out with no indication of when they would receive more stock
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #538 of 2,804
Havana Brown looks superb. I've been using Mont Blanc Season's Greetings for brown ink, but the scent is infamously difficult to flush out of the pen. This Waterman will be a nice substitute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back