Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Mar 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,306 of 2,804
So i got my Hero Liseur 925 and REALLY like it.  It doesnt seem as "fast" as the lamy  in that it doesnt seem to put as much ink out at a time, which is nice because that i think leads to a finer line, though the thickness of their lines is fairly close, I prefer the hero for some reason. Maybe it's the private reserve ink I put in it, I dunno. I'm considering getting a Hero 100 at the moment to replace my lamy, or another 925.  Opinions?

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,307 of 2,804
I would not buy a 100 unless you can be sure you can exchange it if there is some qc issue. Also, I'd recommend a flighter (stainless steel version) since supposedly the plastic version has issues with cracking (some say these issues have been resolved, but I dunno). Consider the 78g since it will be cheaper if you can find it on ebay and likely suffers from less qc issues. The flighter hero is much cooler looking imo though (its super minimalist and has a hooded nib-a 51 copy) and has a 14k nib. The flighter also seems quite sturdy, but it's a bit too heavy for my preference. The 78g is a very light pen, but I imagine not as sturdy.
Quote:
So i got my Hero Liseur 925 and REALLY like it.  It doesnt seem as "fast" as the lamy  in that it doesnt seem to put as much ink out at a time, which is nice because that i think leads to a finer line, though the thickness of their lines is fairly close, I prefer the hero for some reason. Maybe it's the private reserve ink I put in it, I dunno. I'm considering getting a Hero 100 at the moment to replace my lamy, or another 925.  Opinions?

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #1,308 of 2,804
Maby look at a Noodlers fountain pen over at the Goulet Pen Co. I have heard alot of good things about them, and i will be buying some stuff there once i get a fountain pen
wink_face.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,309 of 2,804
I've read all of this thread once and parts of it 2-3 times and decided to jump in to the world of fountain pens. I also spent a fair amount of time over at The Fountain Pen Network and decided on a TWSBI as my first pen. Hopefully it will arrive sometime this coming week and I can get to writing. I feel my billfold getting thinner as I type this. 

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,310 of 2,804
Speaking of TWSBI, recently just got this:

r00250525380889.jpg

r00250555134905.jpg

r00250595687791.jpg

r00250815581196.jpg

r00250705791296.jpg

r00250615253752.jpg

Full review of the pen coming soon (pardon my quick pictures, the pen is fairly dirty from all my fondling...), but my first impressions:

-Impeccably put together, all parts fit/screw in smoothly and tightly without the slightest hint of wobble
-Feels like a solid chunk of plastic, has a bit of heft to it
-Packaging is superb!
-Design is also superb!
-German-made Bock nib writes well, I am told that after using up the first ink load the nib will have broken-in nicely

Brendan

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #1,311 of 2,804

Quote:
Speaking of TWSBI, recently just got this:
r00250615253752.jpg

Full review of the pen coming soon (pardon my quick pictures, the pen is fairly dirty from all my fondling...), but my first impressions:

-Impeccably put together, all parts fit/screw in smoothly and tightly without the slightest hint of wobble
-Feels like a solid chunk of plastic, has a bit of heft to it
-Packaging is superb!
-Design is also superb!
-German-made Bock nib writes well, I am told that after using up the first ink load the nib will have broken-in nicely

Brendan

Hope you enjoy your new pen, I'm looking into flex nibs now, I want to get a vintage Japanese one so it will still write a fine line.

Anyone here into felt-tip pens?

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #1,312 of 2,804

Quote:
Anyone here into felt-tip pens?

I've had a long time love of the Sakura Pigma Micron pens, they seem to be just about perfect for my doodling, sketching, and making tiny notes. I don't mind the Pilot fineliner pens either, but the Sakura Pen has become my felt of choice. For writing cursive I prefer a fountain pen or gel; however, I do have a Sakura on me pretty much all the time. 

Speaking of pens, I picked up an older Waterman pen that was looking pretty beat up at a junk shop. It's in need of a new ink sac and I'm going to try to bring it back to life when I get the parts. After a bit of a soak, just using it as a dip pen, it put down a very nice, smooth, fine-line. It took a lot of wiggling to get the thing open and unfortunately I put some small dents in the body of the pen. Oh well, it's my learner pen for repairs.

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,313 of 2,804
So since I got my first twsbi diamond 530 with an EF nib, it was unbearably scratchy, so I bought a F nib which i immediately fell in love with, it was perfectly smooth even though it actually laid down a finer line than the EF.  it was absolutely amazing. SO what'd I do?  Buy a second diamond 530, F nib this time.  It comes in, and the nib is huge.  Seriously.  It writes larger than a friends Lamy Safari bold.  Got in contact with twsbi though and after sending some pictures, they're going to send me a new nib.  Bottom line?  There seems to be a large amount of variation in their nibs, or they had some issues with nibs being improperly marked.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #1,315 of 2,804

Quote:
Can you guess what pens these are?

Hehe, I was going to guess they were Parkers', but I'll bet they're all yours.  
wink_face.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #1,317 of 2,804

Quote:
Hehe, I was going to guess they were Parkers', but I'll bet they're all yours.  
wink_face.gif

lots n lots of sheaffers and parkers (and a ballpoint/rollerball) do i see a couple white dots and cellulose barrels in there?

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #1,320 of 2,804

Picked up one of these the other day.  Nice writer from an old standby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back