Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Aug 4, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #601 of 2,804
Thanks Uncle Erik, I can't wait to get the 51s up to snuff and start using them.. but I feel kinda bad, so many good repair shops and too few pens to fix.. solution: I must buy more vintage pens
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #603 of 2,804
Wow, you get that at orientation? Sure looks classy!

All I got was a fabric bag full of bumper stickers, cheap plastic pens, clips, lanyards, mini-notepads, etc...

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #604 of 2,804
Rockin amigo - pretty nice gift you got! I like wood pens, they have a nice warm feel to them. If you want to give it an "upgrade," check to see if it will accept a nice cartridge from Mont Blanc or other premium pens. It'll write just like a $300 pen with one of those.

Are you sure you don't want to try a fountain, though?
evil_smiley.gif

You can pick up a nice 51 aero filler or a Sheaffer Snorkel for $25-$50. They have nice gold nibs and are terrific writers.

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #606 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my handwriting isn't nice enough to warrant a really nice pen =P

from what it looks like, those really nice cartridges are too big for this one.

I think your pen very likely takes a either a "Cross" style or a "Parker" style ball point refill, and if "Parker" style, that means you can use any such G2 shaped refill.

The Fisher Space Pen refill will also fit as it comes with an adapter for Parker style pens. Another great Parker style refill that you might want to try is the Schmidt 9000M refill. Writes smooth as butter, easily as good or better than any of my Montblanc BP pens.

Good luck!

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #607 of 2,804
Some pens I received for graduation. They were my dad's. He worked for Parker for 20 years.

Waterman man 100 (briar wood)
Waterman man 200
Waterman gentleman bp
Waterman3.jpg

Parker 95 fp and pencil
Parker Duofold oblique italic + extra broad nib
IMG_1826.JPG

My daily writers are a parker 51 demi and a Lamy Vista with Custom sharp oblique nib. I need to start rotating my pens a bit more.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #608 of 2,804
Quote:

My handwriting sucks too. You should try an italic nib. It gives your handwriting a little bit more "class" and it'll give you an incentive to re-learn how to write.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #610 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nabwong, I love that Duofold!

Thanks Milkpowder, that is my favorite pen of all! The design, color and weight are perfect. The nib is neither too dry nor too wet. Works awesome with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #611 of 2,804
Nabwong - you should rotate one of those nice Waterman Man pens into the lineup. I had a 200 I regret selling; it was a great writer.

Think I'll rotate the PFM back into the lineup tomorrow. Fooling with a snorkel on a lazy Friday afternoon sounds like fun.

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #612 of 2,804
I just bought a Lamy 2000, again!
smily_headphones1.gif

Another finicky nib on this one, but it could end up being a good thing, as its teaching me to write moving my arm and shoulder rather then my wrist, which is the proper way to write with a fountain pen.

I find myself drifting towards vintage pens and older designs. My 51s are still my favorites (I have two sterling capped vacs, they are the model I am specifically interested in), but I'm thinking of buying a vintage 1950s Pelikan M400.

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #613 of 2,804
Uncle Erik, I think I will try to put it into my rotation. The man 100 is a nice medium but the man 200 is a double broad; makes my writing a little too big. The flex and variation I get is really interesting though.

jjhatfield, try doing 8s on a brown paper bag. You can try it dry or make it slightly wet. That should smooth out the nib a little. Be sure to check for fibers getting stuck in between the nib and don't over-do it.

Anyone wanna trade inks? I have Noodler's American Eel Blue, luxury blue and polar blue. Looking to try Ottoman Azure.

Aug 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #614 of 2,804
Quote:

Psh, forget about handwriting. What's important is whether or not you enjoy it! Besides, rockin_amigo14 is worthy of any inanimate object he desires!!

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #615 of 2,804
Got the following two free from dhl, I really likes the ink pen (i only use ink pens) but something is wrong with the knib now. would waterman replace it, even though i got it free and have no receipt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back