Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Aug 18, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #631 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Private Reserve Ink

I like the Private Reserve American Blue.
smily_headphones1.gif

many thanks for the link. Even found a dealer a few miles from me here in Knoxville. Greatly appreciated.

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #632 of 2,804
I've had this for about a month now but I'm finally getting around to snapping a few pics. This is the newest addition to the collection.

Omas Bologna Pearl Blue with Fine Nib.

DSC01258Medium.jpg

DSC01259Medium.jpg

DSC01260Medium.jpg

The color really is quite a subtle pearl blue that's hard to capture with incandescent lighting and flash photography.

I like this pen a lot but the fact that it has a Bock nib shows. It's a very German, stiff feel. Not at all Italian. It's a true fine though. I don't mind the slightly out of character nib though as I tend to do better with stiffer nibs. Also, given the size of the pen, the nib might be slightly undersized but, again, I like this as I do better with a low grip.

I'm quite pleased with it.

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #633 of 2,804
Looking for a purple or purple/red ink for use in stub-nibbed or italic pens with good shading. So far hae tried Noodler's Concord Grape, PR Tanzanite and PR Arabian Rose. Arabian Rose seems to shade the best but wondering what else is out there.

Sep 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #634 of 2,804
Beautiful Omas leftnose! The color looks fantastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for a purple or purple/red ink for use in stub-nibbed or italic pens with good shading. So far hae tried Noodler's Concord Grape, PR Tanzanite and PR Arabian Rose. Arabian Rose seems to shade the best but wondering what else is out there.

I've been keeping an eye out for a good purple myself but haven't really tried any yet, however Noodler's is working on a new (maybe limited) bulletproof purple by popular demand that may be worth a look: Lobbying for new Noodler's bulletproof purple! - The Fountain Pen Network

Sep 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #635 of 2,804
yeah, I'm on that site too. But nowusing mainly vintage pens and they seem to love the Private Reserve items or Waterman's. Still, wondering too what the new Noodler's may be like. My vote went in a week or so ago for the new purple

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #636 of 2,804
Anyone recommend a nice but not too pricey ballpoint? I'm tired of using bics and such or all these ones with rubber crap on them. Lol.

I want a nice looking one that writes well!

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #637 of 2,804
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone recommend a nice but not too pricey ballpoint? I'm tired of using bics and such or all these ones with rubber crap on them. Lol.

How much is not too pricey?

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #638 of 2,804
Quote:

If it doesn't have to be ballpoint specifically--I have a Pilot Knight rollerball which I am quite fond of for when I need an alternative to fountain pens, they are about $40 at office depot and use the Pilot G2 refills.

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #639 of 2,804
Well i'm thinking 20-40 dollars. Preferably between 20 & 30

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #640 of 2,804
Sep 19, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #641 of 2,804
those look pretty cool...but are refills accessible other than online?

Sep 19, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #644 of 2,804
Quote:

those look pretty cool...but are refills accessible other than online?

Fisher Space Pen refills are widely distributed, and available at most office supply stores. Because of the uniqueness of their refill, it may take you years to use one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back