PC to Mac: My Not-So-Genius Switch
Apr 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #346 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally have never met anyone and I mean anyone that has made the switch to a
Mac and went back outside of gamers and they generally kept both.

Ditto!
I have converted a couple of my friends, and after buying their first Mac the only thing they have regretted is why they waited so long before they switched.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #348 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well now you do. I used one full-time for a month and simply hated it. I've gone back to Windows and don't regret it at all. It simply works and has a much better hardware and software base.

But I have never personally met you.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #349 of 637
Not everyone will be successful at the transition. You need to change the way you do things, and that's not for everyone. Who really cares.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #350 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone will be successful at the transition. You need to change the way you do things, and that's not for everyone. Who really cares.

That's true. I was actually pretty frustrated with my Mac the first couple of days because I had to do some things differently. Once I got past that, I never looked back....and never will.

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #351 of 637
I started out on a PC ten years ago I know that is not long but none the less everyone
i personnaly know started out on a PC its what everyone around me at the time said get
and I was somewhat happy with it never gave it much thought when someone mentioned
Mac and was scared to change because thats not what my peers and friends had with
the exception of one friend. One day three years ago he said take my MacBook for the
weekend and try it that Monday after work bought my first MBP and never looked back.
Now I can understand if your a gamer why a PC would be your priority but outside of
that can't imagine why and over the years all I hear is proprietary and hate Jobs and
iTunes but not once has anyone broke down a technical reason and some like to micro
manage every file and folder but i just want the command executed as fast as possible.
I will now step down off the soapbox thank you.

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #352 of 637
Quote:

I...Now I can understand if your a gamer why a PC would be your priority but outside of
that can't imagine why ....

All those corporations, banks, software houses, businesses, aren't playing games. But does it really matter. If your happy what else matters.

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #353 of 637
This is obviously a no-win situation. Both sides have valid arguments.

However, the side that doesn't prefer the Mac, is clearly and utterly wrong!
Off their "gourds", so to speak. But then again, some guys actually prefer ugly girls.

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #354 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All those corporations, banks, software houses, businesses, aren't playing games. But does it really matter. If your happy what else matters.

Our clients consists of everyone of those you listed but banks and guess what
they use both.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #355 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Off their "gourds", so to speak. But then again, some guys actually prefer ugly girls.

biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #356 of 637
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Clearly you do
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #357 of 637
Interesting topic considering I'm looking into buying a Macbook/ pro maybe. Been using PC's for years now, I don't hate em at all but from some of the research I've done, I think a mac would better fit my tastes, besides I can still play WOW.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #358 of 637
Quote:

But then again, some guys actually prefer ugly girls.

Ugly chicks usually have low self-esteem and will do things. Things other just chicks just won't do.

To clarify:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75qXUfp4wtw

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #359 of 637
Quote:

...Now I can understand if your a gamer why a PC would be your priority but outside of
that can't imagine why .....

Quote:

Our clients consists of everyone of those you listed but banks and guess what
they use both.

With such a wide user base, you'd think you've have encountered a situation, business, technical, or financial where a PC was preferable. Could be something as simple as lot of bespoke applications that only run on Windows. Or thats their primary market.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #360 of 637
Quote:

smileyfacet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back