Pc speakers setup help
Aug 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lostone88

New Head-Fier
Hi i am getting a new pc in about 6 or 7 months and would like to have recommendations on what setup i should go for. I am having a ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO soundcard and i like the Q Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers. What small amp/dac (like it to be in the same unit) and speakers would you recommend, i have limited space.

My budget is about £600-£700 but i prefer to spend £300 in total. I like it to be simple as possible as my knowledge is very limited in this stuff. I was looking for a built in amp in the speakers to keep it simple.

Also to add that this is for games mainly, music is not a must as i have my hi fi.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi i am getting a new pc in about 6 or 7 months and would like to have recommendations on what setup i should go for. I am having a ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO soundcard and i like the Q Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers. What small amp/dac (like it to be in the same unit) and speakers would you recommend, i have limited space.

My budget is about £600-£700 but i prefer to spend £300 in total. I like it to be simple as possible as my knowledge is very limited in this stuff. I was looking for a built in amp in the speakers to keep it simple.

Also to add that this is for games mainly, music is not a must as i have my hi fi.

Kind regards

Anyone? I like the Q Acoustics 2020i Bookshelf Speakers and the B.K. Gemini 2 Subwoofer. What amp and dac combo will be good. Also should i go for a higher model of the q acoustics?

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 6
Well I’m not sure if your speakers has its own DAC/Bluetooth built in but if it did, it would be a waste of money buying a DAc since all of the analog signal will be converted back to digital again

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 6

If you really need it just for games and not music might as well not fuss about wide response range larger drivers and just use a multimedia speaker surround set. You get surround sound for games (provided you position them properly) and you're less likely to notice imaging issues as the sub pulls the bass to its location a little bit (due to the higher low pass setting to compensate for driver size) when you're busy processing images and tactics for games.

Well if you really want to spend more than the cost of a Logitech or Edifier surround set you could try whatever HTPC with a large receiver is available at the nearest electronics store, just make sure the bundled receiver has an SPDIF input that will work with your soundcard's or motherboard's SPDIF output.

Or try the HiVi M60.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 6
If you really need it just for games and not music might as well not fuss about wide response range larger drivers and just use a multimedia speaker surround set. You get surround sound for games (provided you position them properly) and you're less likely to notice imaging issues as the sub pulls the bass to its location a little bit (due to the higher low pass setting to compensate for driver size) when you're busy processing images and tactics for games.

Well if you really want to spend more than the cost of a Logitech or Edifier surround set you could try whatever HTPC with a large receiver is available at the nearest electronics store, just make sure the bundled receiver has an SPDIF input that will work with your soundcard's or motherboard's SPDIF output.

Or try the HiVi M60.
Cant get the HiVi M60 anymore in the uk. Anything else you would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back