PC Gamers-Recommend some games.
Jan 3, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 36
Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale (were there 2?,) Arcanum, Dungeon Siege off the top of my head.

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 36
Play Counter Strike : Source
smily_headphones1.gif

Morrowind (older but sweet game...)

Doom 3 - just to scare yourself silly

Tribes - Vengeance (more multiplayer action)

Call Of Duty (only the first one...)

etc.

Jan 3, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 36
I'll second morrowind.

I've played through half life 2 too many times now, whens half life 3 coming out anyone?
rolleyes.gif

When's Elder Scrolls 4 coming out?

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 36
Yeah, morrowind's a good hack and slasher, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't capture my imagination like ... uh, the game after Arena. But that's way too old for your rig, so Morrowind's a good bet. It was one of the first games that featured reflective water using dx9, I think.

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 36
If you haven't played through halflife 1, do so (at least until the last level, which is hell).

FarCry was the game of the year after HL2, too bad HL2 came out and blew everything we knew about games away. FarCry is immense fun though, and about as good graphically.

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #12 of 36
If you play Farcry i'd check the difficulty as the last levels can be stupidly difficult. You could also try Vampire: Bloodlines, it is an rpg that uses the source engine, well written but a tad buggy.

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #13 of 36
Alright, looks like I've got a decent list going:

Baldurs Gate 2
Icewind Dale
Rome: Total War
Neverwinter Nights

I have Doom 3 and I can't get into it, and Half Life came with the collectors edition of Half Life 2, so I'm playing through it concurrently. I can't get over how good Half Life 2 looks!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
I'd like a hack n slash similar to the Baldurs Gate games. Any ideas?

Ho ho ho, Baldur's Gate is very far from hack & slash.

I suggest Sacred and Morrowind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back