PC Gamers-Recommend some games.
Jan 5, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Morrowind is live
tongue.gif

Cool, how about Icewind Dale? I actually grabbed the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection, but I haven't opened it yet.

For that matter, is one better than the other?

<p.s. sorry for jacking your thread but it seems that I've become interested in the very same thing...
biggrin.gif
>

Jan 6, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Cool, how about Icewind Dale? I actually grabbed the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection, but I haven't opened it yet.

For that matter, is one better than the other?

I've never played icewind, so I can't comment...but I'd imagine that morrowind is more "newbie" friendly compared to it.

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I've never played icewind, so I can't comment...but I'd imagine that morrowind is more "newbie" friendly compared to it.

Hmmmm okay well, I guess I'll do a little more research before opening it then. Maybe I'll go exchange.

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #34 of 36
Has anyone played Icewind Dale, Morrowind and the PS2 version of Balders Gate: Dark Allience? that can tell me a little about them?

It seems that Icewind has you trying to control multiple characters and Morrowind has you playing in first person. In Dark Allience, you play as a single character and control him or her in real time from a 3rd person perspective. I really liked it. Is one of these going to be similarly enjoyable?

I guess right now I'm leaning towards taking back the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection and getting the Morrowind collection...

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #35 of 36
Ahh me likey the games ....

Star wars knights of the old republic 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights
Halo2
Battlefield 1942
BattleFieldVietnam
Call of Duty
Call of Duty - United Offensive
Doom3
FarCry
Grand Theft Auto 3 - Vice City PC or xbox
Halo PC
LOTR - Battle for Middle Earth
Metal of Honor - Pacific Assault
Need for Speed Underground 2
Rome - Total War
SeriousSam 2nd
Star Wars - Battlefront
Tribes Vengeance
UT2004
Vampire The Masquerade
Warcraft III
WarHammer 40k - Dawn of War

Jan 6, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Has anyone played Icewind Dale, Morrowind and the PS2 version of Balders Gate: Dark Allience? that can tell me a little about them?

It seems that Icewind has you trying to control multiple characters and Morrowind has you playing in first person. In Dark Allience, you play as a single character and control him or her in real time from a 3rd person perspective. I really liked it. Is one of these going to be similarly enjoyable?

Well, the PC versions of Baldur and Icewind Dale are completely different. As you said you control a whole party instead of a single character. That makes it necessary to use a scheme that is more or less turn-based (using the AD&D pen&paper RPG rules). In both games the fights would play out in real time if you let them. But that would make it very difficult to use your abilities effectively. That's why you can pause the action manually or use automatic break-points that pause whenever a given situation comes up. In paused mode you can take your time and give orders to your team.

I hope that gives you an idea of the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back