PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Sep 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,851 of 9,120
Hey guys, got a little too busy last weekend (had some project to wrap up) and I didn't have time to install both games, but I had a go at Arma 3 and it is complicated. I have no f'in idea how to aim down the sights and perform most controls for more 'general' FPS games (Crysis, CoD, etc etc).

I am dying to play AC3 right now, and with a Chinese holiday coming up Thrusday, I just might be finally able to play as Connor. Still, Black Flag is what I'm really waiting for. With an open world larger than any game in the series, I can't let it slip by. I wonder if there's a PC release? I really don't want to have to buy a PS4 for two games.

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #2,854 of 9,120
  Can you guys recommend any mini-vacuum cleaner like devices for cleaning off your desk?  I don't know if it's just where I live but it's incredibly dusty, and my desk has too much stuff like monitors and speakers on it to wipe down easily.  My normal vacuum cleaner doesn't pick up fine dust off my desk that well, and it's a huge hassle wiping around everything.

Get a portable room air filter.  A good one will keep your room dust free :wink:

I use disposable dusters, as they tend to collect fine dust.  Or a anti-microbial cloth, they have patterns that pick up dust well.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,855 of 9,120
Dust in you room... How come you never dust in your room? 
biggrin.gif

This guy is amazing by the way, be sure to check out his other vid's.

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #2,856 of 9,120
I've noticed I tend to only buy things that I like :O all of my reviews r 5 stars I think... maybe not the K550 but >.> I need to start buying some crappier headphones lol 

more on topic I got the AD900x today and... DAMN it's nice for EDM, it's very much like a balanced Dt 990 [the mids are the same as the dt 990 sadly and but it has slighty deeper wollier bass] ... a nice can for sure! 

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2,857 of 9,120
  Can you guys recommend any mini-vacuum cleaner like devices for cleaning off your desk?  I don't know if it's just where I live but it's incredibly dusty, and my desk has too much stuff like monitors and speakers on it to wipe down easily.  My normal vacuum cleaner doesn't pick up fine dust off my desk that well, and it's a huge hassle wiping around everything.

I was going to say the DataVac if you're vacuuming the inside of your computer.

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,858 of 9,120
If you dust moar than once a month it helps as well... :D

The wife wouldn't dust my area as there was always something torn apart or on a breadboard for tinkering. Arduino stuff everywhere with a pile of dust around it.

Easy solution was to just clean up the mess and the honey will come by and dust. :D

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #2,859 of 9,120
  I've noticed I tend to only buy things that I like :O all of my reviews r 5 stars I think... maybe not the K550 but >.> I need to start buying some crappier headphones lol 

more on topic I got the AD900x today and... DAMN it's nice for EDM, it's very much like a balanced Dt 990 [the mids are the same as the dt 990 sadly and but it has slighty deeper wollier bass] ... a nice can for sure! 

I liked the AD900x, but did not like the $/Performance.
The AD1000x price increase makes the AD900x a more sensible choice though..

I have to ask, what is your source?  The AD900x has much less fuller and weaker low end presence than the DT990 lol.  Drums in general sound like thumps on the AD900x, whereas on the DT990, they have more texture and detail.  Maybe the AD900x has more subbass impact, but sounds hollow and anemic when A/B imo.

I agree, they do sound more balanced.  But the mids??  THE MIDS?!?  The only reason I considered keeping the AD900x was for the mids, otherwise I would have sticked to the MA900 or DT990 longer.  I love the Audio-Technica sound, though I wish they would sound better for American/Euro Rock Genres.  They color the instruments too much, this goes for the whole AT line in general.  Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser seem to be more accurate in this respect.

For me the AD900x was a less warm, more detailed, and open version of the A900x.  Its been awhile but I know that either of the two had edgier treble.  Probably the AD900x, because of the air-ier sig.

AD900x sounds more transparent and detailed than the A900x, but I think its more of the signature than technicalities.  So for twice the price (or more if you buy them new today), I ended up selling the AD900x, and am waiting for a bargain AD1000x/AD2000x.  Holding out with the A900x makes things easier, some songs sound magical on an AT headphone.

DT880 Pro + Aune T1 + Voshkod Rocket Tube is my new price/performance winner.  They sound more accurate, and aren't as analytical with the tube as a buffer.  The voshkod flattens the v-shape, I still would like the mids to have more emphasis however.  But all in all, its the combination that I feel that nothing under twice the $ will be worth purchasing.

DT 880 Pro = $210 new, Aune T1 = $130 new, Voshkod = $11 NOS.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,861 of 9,120

For me the AD900x was a less warm, more detailed, and open version of the A900x.  Its been awhile but I know that either of the two had edgier treble.  Probably the AD900x, because of the air-ier sig.

AD900x sounds more transparent and detailed than the A900x, but I think its more of the signature than technicalities.  So for twice the price (or more if you buy them new today), I ended up selling the AD900x, and am waiting for a bargain AD1000x/AD2000x.  Holding out with the A900x makes things easier, some songs sound magical on an AT headphone.

DT 880 Pro = $210 new, Aune T1 = $130 new, Voshkod = $11 NOS.

Indeed it really did sound like an upgraded A900X but it had the mids of the DT 990 very delicate with a lot of attack and a little body.

I ran it out of my oDac and my Matrix M Stage LME 49990 OP amp/. Mind you mine has about 5 hours of burn in if that, and the DT 880 has better mids imo

Ready my review at my blog if you want the details :3 I'm off to start playing Pikmin 3 :D 

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #2,862 of 9,120
Haven't been on Head-Fi much recently, but have been posting my butt off on Tom's Hardware recently and figured the following was relevant to this thread (and yet I feel as if I am going off topic based on the past few pages):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/MD1032/Other/Capture.png

I just built this new comp. I didn't really need one, but my old i7-920/X58/GTX 260 comp was starting to show its age and I wanted to get some newer SSD's (my old one has two) and not be restricted by SATA 2. I partially built this comp for myself and partially to prove a point. I think this is a fairly well equipped computer for its pricerange with a lot of future potential. I used a combination of Micro Center which has outrageously good in-store discounts and Amazon.com. I avoided Newegg, which I have always used in the past to build computers. Now they are no longer competitive and I was able to save a huge amount and avoid lots of rebates by buying elsewhere as you an see. Those newegg prices were as of the time I bought the computer. Most of you are probably looking at the Extreme4 and 850 watt PSU and thinking I'm insane but this system is designed to be "good" right now and also "good" two years down the road because it would support dropping in the following upgrades:

1) Aftermarket cooler for the CPU (it's unlocked, so you could overclock it with an aftermarket cooler)
2) A second GTX 670 in SLI, doubling the graphics capability (would theoretically be a little faster than a GTX 780)
3) A second Samsung 840 in RAID 0, netting ~1000 MB/s read and ~500 MB/s write
4) 8 GB more RAM if needed

Obviously if you wait a few years, purchasing the above hardware will be cheaper and it will help keep this system running longer. I like the idea of building a system with planned future upgrades because it can help keep it "relevant" longer and delay the time until you get your next system without the huge up-front cost of getting the above "upgraded" power today.

Truth be told I think the GTX 770 would have been a better choice because it falls more in line with my strategy of "buying the best single card you can now" and then dropping in a second in SLI or Crossfire 2 years down the road, but the deal I got on the GTX 670 was hard to pass up especially considering the Turbo boost GTX 670 will perform noticeably better than a locked GTX 760 (same price) in the real world.

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2,863 of 9,120
  Haven't been on Head-Fi much recently, but have been posting my butt off on Tom's Hardware recently and figured the following was relevant to this thread (and yet I feel as if I am going off topic based on the past few pages):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/MD1032/Other/Capture.png

I just built this new comp. I didn't really need one, but my old i7-920/X58/GTX 260 comp was starting to show its age and I wanted to get some newer SSD's (my old one has two) and not be restricted by SATA 2. I partially built this comp for myself and partially to prove a point. I think this is a fairly well equipped computer for its pricerange with a lot of future potential. I used a combination of Micro Center which has outrageously good in-store discounts and Amazon.com. I avoided Newegg, which I have always used in the past to build computers. Now they are no longer competitive and I was able to save a huge amount and avoid lots of rebates by buying elsewhere as you an see. Those newegg prices were as of the time I bought the computer. Most of you are probably looking at the Extreme4 and 850 watt PSU and thinking I'm insane but this system is designed to be "good" right now and also "good" two years down the road because it would support dropping in the following upgrades:

1) Aftermarket cooler for the CPU (it's unlocked, so you could overclock it with an aftermarket cooler)
2) A second GTX 670 in SLI, doubling the graphics capability (would theoretically be a little faster than a GTX 780)
3) A second Samsung 840 in RAID 0, netting ~1000 MB/s read and ~500 MB/s write
4) 8 GB more RAM if needed

Obviously if you wait a few years, purchasing the above hardware will be cheaper and it will help keep this system running longer. I like the idea of building a system with planned future upgrades because it can help keep it "relevant" longer and delay the time until you get your next system without the huge up-front cost of getting the above "upgraded" power today.

Truth be told I think the GTX 770 would have been a better choice because it falls more in line with my strategy of "buying the best single card you can now" and then dropping in a second in SLI or Crossfire 2 years down the road, but the deal I got on the GTX 670 was hard to pass up especially considering the Turbo boost GTX 670 will perform noticeably better than a locked GTX 760 (same price) in the real world.

Good point and smart build, my first build was locked... I can only drop ONE gpu into it :/ so that means selling off my huge 6950 Saphire Dirt 3 Edition and HOPING a HD 7970 GHZ edition will freaking fit in my case [I'm sure it will I mean what can be BIGGER than my dual fan 6950 q.q] so that said I've got to sell the 6950 then buy a 7970. Going to re do my entire air flow this month as well, and see if I can't OC my i5 3550k to a stable 4.0ghz [after market cpu cooler and new case fans [more of them at that] the winter will VERY cold so I should be golden with a Stable over clock, the secrect is getting her as COLD as possible in the winter so she can survive the summer >.> 

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #2,864 of 9,120
Voskhod they are called Voskhod's...
(>_<)

Psshh, can you even pronounce Voskhod?
tongue.gif

Is Voskhod even a Russian word?  Seems more Ukrainian to me

I've seen the word so many times and I still want to spell it wrong, thanks for pointing it out.

Good point and smart build, my first build was locked... I can only drop ONE gpu into it :/ so that means selling off my huge 6950 Saphire Dirt 3 Edition and HOPING a HD 7970 GHZ edition will freaking fit in my case [I'm sure it will I mean what can be BIGGER than my dual fan 6950 q.q] so that said I've got to sell the 6950 then buy a 7970. Going to re do my entire air flow this month as well, and see if I can't OC my i5 3550k to a stable 4.0ghz [after market cpu cooler and new case fans [more of them at that] the winter will VERY cold so I should be golden with a Stable over clock, the secrect is getting her as COLD as possible in the winter so she can survive the summer >.> 

A 7970 GHz would fit in my mITX case lol.  Still haven't found a replacement yet either :wink:
Get a Window AC, my old build got so cold I had to shut off case fans to prevent HDD from taking damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back