PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Sep 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,869 of 9,120
  Can't wait for Macs to be on ARM...  So I can hear dumb fanboys praise the superior performance of the Apple 'C'-Chip!

HAHAHAHAHA
XD

Dem fanboys r dumb, yeah.
OSX Mavericks looked really cool on the new Air when I watched their WWDC presentation, but that was until I saw the price upon release...

During the presentation, I was like "I think I'm moving to a Mac soon..."
But after seeing the price, I was like "NOPE. Still Windows 7 for me."

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #2,870 of 9,120
I was brought an iBook G4, with a PPC CPU.  Now, this notebook is supposedly still better than the "$300 crap" they sell at Wal-Mart.

Okay, so the first issue the new owner had was the fact that she could not connect to Wi-Fi.  She tried using software to help her connect, but it did not work.

As I do not have much experience about Macs, the first thing I did was pop open the CD tray.  What I found was interesting:  She was trying to use an ASUS usb adapter driver utility disc to connect to a wireless network (LOL).  What's even funnier is that she has no nearby Wi-Fi connections.....

ANYHOW, the Mac needed an airport card, so I installed one.  Now, she was trying to work youtube.  What's funny is that even after jumping through all the hoops, I could not get 240p to render without lag.

So, I ended up using a greasemonkey script with a mac program to download the flv being watched, then playing the video in an embedded frame.

In the end, I enabled a PPC to playbook smooth flv in 480p...............  Pretty sure its the first of its kind lol.

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2,871 of 9,120
I was brought an iBook G4, with a PPC CPU.  Now, this notebook is supposedly still better than the "$300 crap" they sell at Wal-Mart.

Okay, so the first issue the new owner had was the fact that she could not connect to Wi-Fi.  She tried using software to help her connect, but it did not work.

As I do not have much experience about Macs, the first thing I did was pop open the CD tray.  What I found was interesting:  She was trying to use an ASUS usb adapter driver utility disc to connect to a wireless network (LOL).  What's even funnier is that she has no nearby Wi-Fi connections.....

ANYHOW, the Mac needed an airport card, so I installed one.  Now, she was trying to work youtube.  What's funny is that even after jumping through all the hoops, I could not get 240p to render without lag.

So, I ended up using a greasemonkey script with a mac program to download the flv being watched, then playing the video in an embedded frame.

In the end, I enabled a PPC to playbook smooth flv in 480p...............  Pretty sure its the first of its kind lol.
NICE!

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,872 of 9,120

Oh neato I have one of those in my Wii U xD 

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #2,873 of 9,120
Well, I'm not sure if I should advertise this here or not, but I got accepted to the group interview stage for hiring for the new Micro Center opening up in Queens, NY.  Wish me luck, because when I look at my previous interview history, it does not look good.

BTW, anyone else from NYC-Metro area other than me and Bowei, since panda is at Virginia Tech and I know **** about the Head-Fiers around here?

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,874 of 9,120
Good Luck with the Interview!

With all the unemployed today looking for work, many employers have some very high expectations for the wage they offer.

Tell them what they need to hear and don't sell yourself short.
:beerchug:

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #2,875 of 9,120
Well, I'm not sure if I should advertise this here or not, but I got accepted to the group interview stage for hiring for the new Micro Center opening up in Queens, NY.  Wish me luck, because when I look at my previous interview history, it does not look good.

BTW, anyone else from NYC-Metro area other than me and Bowei, since panda is at Virginia Tech and I know **** about the Head-Fiers around here?
Thanks for telling me... Now I can follow you all I want...

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #2,876 of 9,120
lawl who want's to hear the fun stories and questions from my PC class

this one cracked me up, 

Name two bus Ports in modern machines that support video

Asumming modern is uhhh hmm the last what 4 or so years?

I choose PCIe and Pci

the correct answer was PCIe and AGP [what?]

Seriously AGP, I've not seen an AGP port on a "modern" mobo or hell even a modern Gpu in a while honestly 

yea... agp died with uhh XP it seems... looking just at prices... the BEST AGP gpu sold at new egg... priced at like $79... is out performed by a $40 PCI Gpu [which is not really that better]

My point being is modern PC's do not use AGP... hell even PCI is a little out dated. Granted while AGP may still be a common port it is NOT modern 

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2,877 of 9,120
lawl who want's to hear the fun stories and questions from my PC class

this one cracked me up, 

Name two bus Ports in modern machines that support video

Asumming modern is uhhh hmm the last what 4 or so years?

I choose PCIe and Pci

the correct answer was PCIe and AGP [what?]

Seriously AGP, I've not seen an AGP port on a "modern" mobo or hell even a modern Gpu in a while honestly 

yea... agp died with uhh XP it seems... looking just at prices... the BEST AGP gpu sold at new egg... priced at like $79... is out performed by a $40 PCI Gpu [which is not really that better]

My point being is modern PC's do not use AGP... hell even PCI is a little out dated. Granted while AGP may still be a common port it is NOT modern 
My college friend's PC class (I'm not in college btw) took a week to put together a simple computer.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,879 of 9,120
My college friend's PC class (I'm not in college btw) took a week to put together a simple computer.

I don't mind the pace of it, some people literally know nothing, the issue I have is with introducing something as old as AGP as "modern" it's old and outdated, granted we need to know it since many ppl still have them but honestly... for any one who's looking to get an AGP Gpu... recommend them a PCI or an immediate upgrade 

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2,880 of 9,120
I don't mind the pace of it, some people literally know nothing, the issue I have is with introducing something as old as AGP as "modern" it's old and outdated, granted we need to know it since many ppl still have them but honestly... for any one who's looking to get an AGP Gpu... recommend them a PCI or an immediate upgrade 
No one builds their own PC here... It all about OMG IS THAT THE NEW XBOX?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back