PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Sep 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #2,837 of 9,120
  Has anyone played Arma 3?
I'm about to buy it, but I dunno what to choose between it and AC3...
Please help!

I'd get arma for sure.  IDK if they fixed it but ubisoft likes to screw over every one on PC with schiity console ports.  When it came out people with GTX690s were only getting20 fps in some parts of boston and I was only getting 17 fps with my 7970.  Even if they fixed it I'd rather play arma any day.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #2,839 of 9,120
Wear some diapers while you're at it.
None needed... :p

The audio in Outlast is well done, really creepy and Binaural, I looked around behind me a few times. If that was the effect they were looking for it sure worked. :D

Not too keen on the pair of naked dudes with full tackle exposed wanting to hunt you down and eat your liver and tongue...

You just know there is going to be a problem when they give you the option to look behind while running.

The first jumpy caught me off guard and hopefully they are random enough not to get old or expected.

The game is indeed intense.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2,840 of 9,120
None needed... :p

The audio in Outlast is well done, really creepy and Binaural, I looked around behind me a few times. If that was the effect they were looking for it sure worked.
biggrin.gif

Not too keen on the pair of naked dudes with full tackle exposed wanting to hunt you down and eat your liver and tongue...

You just know there is going to be a problem when they give you the option to look behind while running.

The first jumpy caught me off guard and hopefully they are random enough not to get old or expected.

The game is indeed intense.

+1. I really love the animations like pressing up against the wall, and how smooth and fluid they are. I'm just unsure how they'll run on a GTX650.

Anyway, I got both Arma 3 and AC3. I'll give each of them a try and tell you guys what I think.

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2,841 of 9,120
+1. I really love the animations like pressing up against the wall, and how smooth and fluid they are. I'm just unsure how they'll run on a GTX650.

Anyway, I got both Arma 3 and AC3. I'll give each of them a try and tell you guys what I think.
Should run great on the GTX650 as I run it on a Uber Antique GTX285 without any issues...

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,842 of 9,120
The phone capitalizes first letters, since I was too lazy to fix it, I just left it... :p

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cause

GN's are the bane of the interwebz.

So where is the unboxing (Yawn...) video, not like there isn't already 500 of them out there.
biggrin.gif

agree'd my grammar is terrible... even in school it SUCKS. I'm an EPIC public speaker and a HORRIFIC writer [I can write poems really well <3] but yea grammar sux

Oh yea Watch Dogs is coming out on Wii U... YAY won't have to use my PC for that 

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,845 of 9,120
Well just beat both Portal games.  I'm surprised at how easy and short the first one was.  Still a great game.  I'm downloading Mirrors Edge right now, I only played the demo for it years ago on PS3.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,849 of 9,120
Can you guys recommend any mini-vacuum cleaner like devices for cleaning off your desk?  I don't know if it's just where I live but it's incredibly dusty, and my desk has too much stuff like monitors and speakers on it to wipe down easily.  My normal vacuum cleaner doesn't pick up fine dust off my desk that well, and it's a huge hassle wiping around everything.

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #2,850 of 9,120
  Can you guys recommend any mini-vacuum cleaner like devices for cleaning off your desk?  I don't know if it's just where I live but it's incredibly dusty, and my desk has too much stuff like monitors and speakers on it to wipe down easily.  My normal vacuum cleaner doesn't pick up fine dust off my desk that well, and it's a huge hassle wiping around everything.

What about one of those really feathery type dusters. Those usually work really nice and are resistant to static electricity so good for electronics. Should be able to find them at any grocery store.

I use a carpet tape roller sometimes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back