PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Aug 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #8,371 of 9,120
Originally Posted by HybridCore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably a messed up ground. I have that occasionally on my front panel USB headers (I use an NZXT Source 220). Any static charge built up causes my finger or some USB connector to shock the computer, causing it to black screen, BSOD, or shut down.

How to fix?

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #8,372 of 9,120

Originally Posted by HybridCore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably a messed up ground. I have that occasionally on my front panel USB headers (I use an NZXT Source 220). Any static charge built up causes my finger or some USB connector to shock the computer, causing it to black screen, BSOD, or shut down.

How to fix?

Probably a replacement. I haven't tried because it rarely happens to me. I just try to discharge it quickly with something. There's not enough charge to shock my finger so I can just ground it by making contact.

Aug 9, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #8,375 of 9,120

is win 10 worth it?

It's free? So yeah? It has its fair share of problems right now, but they will eventually get worked out.

+1

Works beautifully so far though. The one thing I cannot live without - multiple desktops, is finally freaking here.

Still 2 control panels though which annoys me. Also don't really care for the new start menu. There's no way to resize it from what I can see, which is annoying because all I have is the weather live tile at large size and 8 small icons sitting right below it in a 2 row 4 column arrangement. Lots of wasted space to the right. They could also expand the all apps menu a bit.

Aug 9, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #8,376 of 9,120
Was not quite sure whether to upgrade my Surface Pro to Windows 10 or not as I thought Windows 8 is a damn good OS for tablets, but finally decided to give it a shot today.

Turns out there's something called 'tablet mode' in Windows 10, and what a feature it is... It works even better on my Surface Pro even compared to Win8.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #8,377 of 9,120
I'm loving the hell out of this new CPU. Such a huge leap over my old POS Athlon 2. Its improving most of my games' performance so much that I can crank the resolution up.

Dragon Age Inquisition is quite pretty with higher resolution. Can't wait to get my new GPU so I can turn up the other settings though.

And this Borderlands Pre-Sequel I can have the PhysX thing cranked up, and have a higher resolution.

Aaaand I can max out this Alien: Isolation (which is super pretty, Chromatic Aberration haters be damned.)

As you can probably tell... It's been a while since I've had a nice computer. lol

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #8,378 of 9,120
  I'm loving the hell out of this new CPU. Such a huge leap over my old POS Athlon 2. Its improving most of my games' performance so much that I can crank the resolution up.

Dragon Age Inquisition is quite pretty with higher resolution. Can't wait to get my new GPU so I can turn up the other settings though.

And this Borderlands Pre-Sequel I can have the PhysX thing cranked up, and have a higher resolution.

Aaaand I can max out this Alien: Isolation (which is super pretty, Chromatic Aberration haters be damned.)

As you can probably tell... It's been a while since I've had a nice computer. lol

Alien: Isolation's lighting is soooooo hawt. I had to change my pants when I first played it.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #8,379 of 9,120
Ordered a GTX 970 and power supply. Muh wallet.

Kinda cool that it came with a code for MGS5.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #8,382 of 9,120
Haha, this card is amazing. Runs all my games maxed out at 2880x1800. Most of them 60FPS. Alien Isolation is really something to behold at this resolution.

The difference between medium-high and ultra on Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty jarring.

Only get 30FPS at this resolution, but it's a really solid 30.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #8,383 of 9,120
I wonder how much is a gtx 860m supposed to be able to handle. With the new windows 10, and nvidia things have been a little unclear, and sometimes I do not know if the games are processed by the graphic card or the integrated graphics. Running assassin creed IV from integrated is a poor decision, and it happened to me because nvidia drivers were not workeing properly. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #8,384 of 9,120
Installed two of the EVGA Hybrid AIO coolers on my reference 980's ...

Shiza does this thing work!

Running 1530mhz on the core and neither card breaks 50C no matter what I throw at them ...

Insanity.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #8,385 of 9,120
Installed two of the EVGA Hybrid AIO coolers on my reference 980's ...

Shiza does this thing work!

Running 1530mhz on the core and neither card breaks 50C no matter what I throw at them ...

Insanity.

How does the pump interfere with the VRAM closest to the outputs? Seems like airflow would be restricted and their temperature would climb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back