PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 30, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #8,326 of 9,120
Happy days, my weird screen colour issue is fixed - for reasons unknown, the EDID toggled had been deactivated with the upgrade - now re-ticked, and all is good with the world :)

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #8,327 of 9,120
Happy days, my weird screen colour issue is fixed - for reasons unknown, the EDID toggled had been deactivated with the upgrade - now re-ticked, and all is good with the world
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't you love it when stuff like this happens? Like Windows randomly decides to punish random users with random maladies with every update.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #8,328 of 9,120
They made a bold claim a year ago saying Microsoft <3 Linux on one of their slides. XD I'm not lying.

Anyways, FINALLY, MULTIPLE WORKSPACES. WHERE THE FUDGE WERE YOU MICROSOFT.

Metro still needs to die though. Live tiles almost feels like the new version of widgets (pretty sure those died in Win 8). Though I'm not going to lie, that weather tile is really pretty. Forecast.io should make a weather tile. :p

Microsoft <3 Linux? XD

Workspaces and corner snapping is what Windows always needed.

Metro needs to burn! I wish windows was more customizable. I have an awesome XFCE setup on my brother's laptop.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #8,329 of 9,120
If Microsoft <3 Linux, accept EXT4 drives.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #8,330 of 9,120
Jul 31, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #8,331 of 9,120

They made a bold claim a year ago saying Microsoft <3 Linux on one of their slides. XD I'm not lying.

Anyways, FINALLY, MULTIPLE WORKSPACES. WHERE THE FUDGE WERE YOU MICROSOFT.

Metro still needs to die though. Live tiles almost feels like the new version of widgets (pretty sure those died in Win 8). Though I'm not going to lie, that weather tile is really pretty. Forecast.io should make a weather tile. :p

Microsoft <3 Linux? XD

Workspaces and corner snapping is what Windows always needed.

Metro needs to burn! I wish windows was more customizable. I have an awesome XFCE setup on my brother's laptop.

ikr? I thought it was April Fools or opposite day when I heard that.

Yup. Mostly the former b/c OS X and most Linux WMs and or DEs seem to have had them for ages.

Eh, not going to happen. Windows wasn't designed to be modular so that's a giant fail. I mean look at how deeply programs are in Windows vs. the cleaner module styled programs in UNIX-like systems. It's sad when Windows is the only thing you need something like Revo Uninstaller for.

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #8,332 of 9,120
I redid cable management on my PC...
7orrPSO.jpg

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #8,333 of 9,120
Aug 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #8,334 of 9,120
So what do you  guys think about Windows 10 so far? I personally think this is a perfect OS, especially with DX12.

I can't believe we don't need to buy new hardware to take advantage of it (DX11 GPUs supports DX12). Even more, I can't believe we don't need to wait for new games & new engines to take advantage of it (I can already use 6GB of VRAM in Witcher 3, which so far consumes up to 4.5GB of VRAM at 2560x1080).

I don't have any issue with software compatibility thus far, and the multiple desktops proved a joy to use for productivity.

Aug 2, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #8,335 of 9,120
  Fractal + cable management buddies! (note the zip ties)

PagDf5y.jpg

Cable "management" :p

So what do you  guys think about Windows 10 so far? I personally think this is a perfect OS, especially with DX12.

I can't believe we don't need to buy new hardware to take advantage of it (DX11 GPUs supports DX12). Even more, I can't believe we don't need to wait for new games & new engines to take advantage of it (I can already use 6GB of VRAM in Witcher 3, which so far consumes up to 4.5GB of VRAM at 2560x1080).

I don't have any issue with software compatibility thus far, and the multiple desktops proved a joy to use for productivity.

Haven't been able to get it on my lappy yet. ;-; I run a cracked Win7 Ult. on my actual rig.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #8,336 of 9,120

It's ugly, Android MTP doesn't work if you have Pro N, broke my Truecrypt during upgrade, Intel HD drivers were sick. Not so good so far. Thank god the upgrade option allows you to roll back to a system restore point, so I rolled back with no ill effects! Hehe. This was all on my laptop, which somehow was forced into doing an upgrade overnight... none of my other computers have been touched.

I'm excited to get more thermal paste... I got a tube of NT-H1 coming in and am curious what the impact will be on a fairly new laptop.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #8,337 of 9,120
Aug 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8,338 of 9,120
8a8.jpg

Any suggestions for improvement? 

If there's some way to hide those extra molex connectors congregating around the PSU, otherwise I'd say it's as good as you can get it with that case. You could always get some cheap extensions to make things more uniform, but only if you have room in the rear to hide the excess cable length.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #8,339 of 9,120
This is kind of related..I don't use my computer much anymore and would like to sell it. Is the only real option to split the parts and selling it on amazon, ebay etc? I can list the entire computer on craigslist but I can't imagine getting much return compared to parts.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #8,340 of 9,120

If there's some way to hide those extra molex connectors congregating around the PSU, otherwise I'd say it's as good as you can get it with that case. You could always get some cheap extensions to make things more uniform, but only if you have room in the rear to hide the excess cable length.

The molex connectors near the PSU are the fan adapters' molex passthroughs (circled in red, two connected in series) and one of them has to be close to the fan controller, so not much can be done about that. I did use a molex to SATA power Y-splitter behind the top HDD cage (circled in blue) to more evenly distribute the power cables. 

My next upgrade would probably a modular PSU with custom cables and a more powerful GPU (if I ever need one, that is; the HD5770 is more than enough for me).

This is kind of related..I don't use my computer much anymore and would like to sell it. Is the only real option to split the parts and selling it on amazon, ebay etc? I can list the entire computer on craigslist but I can't imagine getting much return compared to parts.

Any possibilities of repurposing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back