PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 4, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #8,236 of 9,120
I don't think I could stand SLI, how's the microstutter?

Don't have any, SLI has matured quite a bit (and I use a 750TI as a dedicated Physx processor).

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #8,239 of 9,120
I feel like Minecraft has a toxic community. I'm not going to look at the chat for a while...

I dunno if it's toxic, but it's way too young. The majority of people that participate and make noise are so young, and kids annoy the living hell out of me (my younger cousins)... so I avoid it like cancer. Also, what the heck is with the price on a new license of MC? Thirty bucks? That's more than what I spend on the entire freaking Steam Sale.

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #8,240 of 9,120
I dunno if it's toxic, but it's way too young. The majority of people that participate and make noise are so young, and kids annoy the living hell out of me (my younger cousins)... so I avoid it like cancer. Also, what the heck is with the price on a new license of MC? Thirty bucks? That's more than what I spend on the entire freaking Steam Sale.
I remember the early days of MC when it wasn't filled with little 9 year olds and stuff. <- said that on a video and some agreements, but also flamed to ashes.

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #8,242 of 9,120
MC still has a fairly powerful core group that is doing really good work, there are people that are serious about building or recreating things from movie/games/stuff (I think Denmark or something did a multi-TB map of their country?). It's honestly amazing to see, but the part that gets all the views is the young rather toxic (and from a bias point of view, stupid and annoying) part of it.

Back when I played MC (during beta) it was something of a community thing, a small part of a school would come together and mess around, playing and exploring things in the game. We'd setup servers and destroy them for whatever the hell we wanted. Now it's a just another way for kids to have a fight about how big and hard they are.

The game is also monetized way too hard now... all the money in the game now...

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #8,245 of 9,120
Pls. Glorious Android.

And I did like 400 hours of work to make it look like that! Nope, just kidding, didn't do anything. Just flashed Euphoria (CM12, OnePlus One), and got the Dark theme. It's so nice.

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #8,246 of 9,120
Pls. Glorious Android.

And I did like 400 hours of work to make it look like that! Nope, just kidding, didn't do anything. Just flashed Euphoria (CM12, OnePlus One), and got the Dark theme. It's so nice.

[DonutDeflector has left the server]

It was my mom's old of iPhone. Why not pick it up and mess it up?

I give you an A+ on that project! I like how it looks. To the bottom left: SchoolIdol? :p

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #8,247 of 9,120
Finally getting around to building a new PC, mini-ITX this time.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HbpmZL

Cheapest new build that I could come up with, without going to utter junk. Gonna be the most interesting build I've ever done. The stuff that is missing like RAM and HDD is coming from my old stuff until I can afford more, if I feel like it.
I give you an A+ on that project! I like how it looks. To the bottom left: SchoolIdol? :p

That's some rhythm game based around Idols, pretty much the only game I have on the thing, heh. The rest of the storage is filled with music and books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back