PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Dec 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #7,156 of 9,120
Also, got my 256GB 850 Pro, cloning messed up so I have to reinstall. :/ But here's some pics (taken with the new Nexus 6 ^.^), this thing is quite a looker in real life, and super light, just realized another reason I'd go all SSD in a laptop, also, while registering it on Sammy's website, I noticed I could register an 850 Evo, looks the same, but the square is silver instead of red, I'll probably pick one up next year for my 500GB gaming SSD I want. :wink:
[Rule]
Wn2ZA6d.jpg

hqKq2hG.jpg

u8bnvRx.jpg

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #7,157 of 9,120
You need a GPU if you are playing BF or your frame rate will be crap.
OHHH I thought you meant buy one for black Friday lol. I'd go4GB ram and a 750ti or 760.

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #7,161 of 9,120
When I install my ssd should I remove virtual ram, move it to the hard drive, or keep it as it is?
I don't use it but Samsung recommended a min of 200MB and a max of 1024MB, so that's what I did, if the ram glitches up it'll save an error log of it if you have at least 800MB of paging so it seems worth it.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #7,162 of 9,120
Ugh, guys, I got a mobo prob. It's an Asus B85M-G R2.0. So, I boot, and it POSTs. Go to BIOs and set the boot drive, etc. etc. Then, when it restarts, CHASSIS INTRUSION FATAL (something) CHECK YOUR SYSTEM. I look at the chassis intrusion pins, and supposedly, there's supposed to be a jumper there. THere isn't and my past builds never had this jumper wither way, sooo yeah. Not sure what to do. Any help?

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #7,163 of 9,120
  Ugh, guys, I got a mobo prob. It's an Asus B85M-G R2.0. So, I boot, and it POSTs. Go to BIOs and set the boot drive, etc. etc. Then, when it restarts, CHASSIS INTRUSION FATAL (something) CHECK YOUR SYSTEM. I look at the chassis intrusion pins, and supposedly, there's supposed to be a jumper there. THere isn't and my past builds never had this jumper wither way, sooo yeah. Not sure what to do. Any help?

Put a jumper in?

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #7,164 of 9,120
Get a jumper for it?

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #7,165 of 9,120
Idk, I want to know if I have some at-home solutions. This isn't my build, so money is a concern. Can I just buy a jumper at Lowe's/Home Depot or do I have to get a fo-shizzle mobo jumper?
Also just realized I'm now a 1,000+ Head-Fi'er. YAY.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #7,166 of 9,120
Idk, I want to know if I have some at-home solutions. This isn't my build, so money is a concern. Can I just buy a jumper at Lowe's/Home Depot or do I have to get a fo-shizzle mobo jumper?
Also just realized I'm now a 1,000+ Head-Fi'er. YAY.
did you check the box or get it open box? I'd return the mobo and get another one, also, will that one over clock the Pentium? It's so good for gaming because of the nice single threaded performance AFTER overclocking it.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #7,168 of 9,120
did you check the box or get it open box? I'd return the mobo and get another one, also, will that one over clock the Pentium? It's so good for gaming because of the nice single threaded performance AFTER overclocking it.

I checked the box, looked in every nook and cranny of the case. And yes, I will be OC'ing the thing. Just need to watch a couple YouTube vids.
  I'd also return the motherboard if it came without the jumper.  you can make a DIY one pretty easy, but I wouldn't be comfortable doing that for someone else's build.  

It's my uncle's build. Linky for DIY?

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #7,169 of 9,120

pentium? lol.

anyways here is the manual for that motherboard.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/B85M-G_R2.0/E9176_B85M-G_R2.pdf

see page 1-20 as there is a picture and the answer.
a jumper needs to connect the chassis signal pin to the gnd pin.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #7,170 of 9,120
  I checked the box, looked in every nook and cranny of the case. And yes, I will be OC'ing the thing. Just need to watch a couple YouTube vids.
It's my uncle's build. Linky for DIY?

I don't know of any guides, but people have used folded up tinfoil to act as a jumper. I can't remember where I learned it from but it's easy enough.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back