PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #4,112 of 9,120
  So...sooo....beautiful

I played the first level again on max settings

So beautiful. Especially all those particles, local reflections, occlusion mapping etc

I remember my first play through. I literally just stopped for 30 minutes staring at the rain.

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #4,113 of 9,120
  I remember my first play through. I literally just stopped for 30 minutes staring at the rain.

I wanted to....I wanted to.

I may have some more head way with the OC.

I'm already doing an OC way past what the 270x did with its own past stock.

The TOXIC benchmark of the 270x crossfire showed it beating the 780 and Titan in many games. 

Obviously the TOXIC's are much better than refernece design....and its already made for the OC. 

I'm gonna try to bridge the gap but I ...am kinda scared to do it. My PSU isn't exactly Mr. Brawn. -_- 

Also....people say the R9 290x is loud? What, have they heard reference design Powercolor 7870GHz's yet? DA HELL. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #4,117 of 9,120
Mirrors edge can literally run on everything, looks amazing but it's honestly not the greatest quality, they did a ton of work making everything look amazing on it though

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #4,118 of 9,120
Cant wait for Mirrors Edge 2 
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4,119 of 9,120
Jan 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #4,120 of 9,120
  So...sooo....beautiful

I played the first level again on max settings

So beautiful. Especially all those particles, local reflections, occlusion mapping etc

Crysis 3 is absolutely fantastic maxed out. What are your rig specs? It takes the full power of my two 7970 GHz Editions to max Crysis 3.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #4,121 of 9,120

Crysis 3 is absolutely fantastic maxed out. What are your rig specs? It takes the full power of my two 7970 GHz Editions to max Crysis 3.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (3.4GHz Stock) w/ AIO Corsair H50 Liquid (can do 4+GHz if I wish, but nah)
AMD 7870 GHz Edition (x2 CrossfireX) OC'd to 1100MHz Core @ 1245MHz Memory (baiscally, I have the clocks set so its even higher than the R9 270x's OC off the default 270)

Average FPS 45-55 with small rooms being at 60fps

VSynch enabled. Crysis 3 default to highest preset availble (Very High)

Everything is maxed out for my native screen resoltuion EXCEPT Texture Resolution. I can't set it to Very High. I then get an average of 25-35fps with dips at times.

My GPU from the looks of it can handle a higher clock. But I dont' want to risk much right now as my PSU is just just capable enough to pull weight. 

There are crashes and random 1minute freezes every now and then. Watcha gonna do :/ Crossfire woes.

I bought the cards on sale. They were $218 total for both of them.(free shipping and no other fees) This is after MIR of course. A standard R9 270x is $210-$250 right now so yeah. Panda is happy

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,122 of 9,120
  AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (3.4GHz Stock) w/ AIO Corsair H50 Liquid (can do 4+GHz if I wish, but nah)
AMD 7870 GHz Edition (x2 CrossfireX) OC'd to 1100MHz Core @ 1245MHz Memory (baiscally, I have the clocks set so its even higher than the R9 270x's OC off the default 270)

Average FPS 45-55 with small rooms being at 60fps

VSynch enabled. Crysis 3 default to highest preset availble (Very High)

Everything is maxed out for my native screen resoltuion EXCEPT Texture Resolution. I can't set it to Very High. I then get an average of 25-35fps with dips at times.

My GPU from the looks of it can handle a higher clock. But I dont' want to risk much right now as my PSU is just just capable enough to pull weight. 

There are crashes and random 1minute freezes every now and then. Watcha gonna do :/ Crossfire woes.

I bought the cards on sale. They were $218 total for both of them.(free shipping and no other fees) This is after MIR of course. A standard R9 270x is $210-$250 right now so yeah. Panda is happy

Oh well I thought you were actually maxing the game. Never mind then. I run it with all the settings maxed out including texture resolution and AA with no vsync because I have a 144Hz monitor. I average right around 60-70 FPS with dips going down to 35-45 FPS at times. However, when I'm indoors I can pull well over 100 FPS. I maxed at around 125 when I tested it just now. The only downside is the ridiculous input lag that MSAA causes.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #4,123 of 9,120

Oh well I thought you were actually maxing the game. Never mind then. I run it with all the settings maxed out including texture resolution and AA with no vsync because I have a 144Hz monitor. I average right around 60-70 FPS with dips going down to 35-45 FPS at times. However, when I'm indoors I can pull well over 100 FPS. I maxed at around 125 when I tested it just now. The only downside is the ridiculous input lag that MSAA causes.

Ah that. Yeah, I can't do MSAA as it literally just ups your screen resolution. I do the next best. FXAA with High settings for Texture. Everything else is up there.

As the system spec is on Very High with everything enabled and that i'm only missing the Very High. I just call it maxing. 

I can max out the texture to Very High. It's just a bit laggy then, its not unplayable, but I'd rather not have the dips that it causes. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #4,125 of 9,120
  My other friend has an Alienware Aurora R3, and he's been getting frequent crashes with 2 short beeps. Anyone know of this? Some say it's a RAM prob, but I'm not sure.

Read his manual for the computer(online or he has it)

or find the version of the bios he has or motherboard and look into what the 2 beeps mean. 

There are two major bios makers and those two bios makers don't always have the same code scheme even within their own prodcuts. 

Look up mobo and find bios type (or he can try to find it by entering bios on his own, tell him not to **** anything up in there). Then google the exact version and type of the bios and find the error code beep scheme to find what the beeps mean. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back