PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jun 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #5,866 of 9,120

Banned? Why? Potty Mouth?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2832654490341859659/

Can't see my original post but I'm sure you can get the idea from comments...  You know how siege of Shanghai had the huge skye scrapper fall down?  Yeah, really offensive joke about it coming out on a certain date.  It was probably 1,000 words long and actually pretty convincing.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5,867 of 9,120
  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2832654490341859659/

Can't see my original post but I'm sure you can get the idea from comments...  You know how siege of Shanghai had the huge skye scrapper fall down?  Yeah, really offensive joke about it coming out on a certain date.  It was probably 1,000 words long and actually pretty convincing.

BF4 isn't exactly a neutral oriented game. The campaign is largely ultra biased, so there is that. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #5,868 of 9,120
  BF4 isn't exactly a neutral oriented game. The campaign is largely ultra biased, so there is that. 

I said the beta was being released on 9/11 and that EA/DICE are aware of the irony of releasing a game where a tower falls on 9/11 but they don't want people to take offense to it.  I haven't played the BF4 campaign, don't think I will either lol

Just ordered the lcd controller.  Yay for free HK shipping : /

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #5,869 of 9,120
  I used to think the same

Until I used the S5 today. 

If the OnePlus was a contract phone like everyother but at $100, I probably wouldn't consider it. But it isn't. It's $299 lol

Would rebuy a Galaxy/Nexus if there was a stable Sailfish/WebOS port available.  I had them all, really got attached to windows phone because I was tired of the 'notification centers', now I'm bummed because Windows Phone 8.1 has one.

Blackberry Z10 is nice (hate the Z30's design), but not impressed with the camera or the native map apps.  Nokia 808 has the camera and maps, but is slow.  Had a few Lumias, but went with the 925 because it was relatively cheaper.  Nexus 4 was good, but not a fan of the UX.  5s is snappy, camera is great, unfortunately I do not find it comfortable to hold, and the charger stopped working :S

Why I bought so many phones I will never know.. Not sure how I got rid of most of them either :S
Still have my Palm Treo, Pre3, and a 4s lying around (among others).

Should really give a Lumia a chance, 925 grew on me quite a bit.  920 is arguably better, but data on T-Mobile was a concern (Have the ATT model).

EDIT:
The Nokia 808 definitely has the best camera out of any phone I have ever tried (auto is trash, S5/5s much better for auto), audio quality is great too (especially from loudspeaker):

Pureview=off (downscaled in MSpaint)

Not exactly the best photo, but I did not want to cherry pick lol (random).  The 1020 hardware specs were limited by WP, and processing photos is too slow imo.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #5,870 of 9,120
  I said the beta was being released on 9/11 and that EA/DICE are aware of the irony of releasing a game where a tower falls on 9/11 but they don't want people to take offense to it.  I haven't played the BF4 campaign, don't think I will either lol

Just ordered the lcd controller.  Yay for free HK shipping : /

Lemme tell you this: don't play the campaign. It's horrible in every sense of the word.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #5,871 of 9,120
  Lemme tell you this: don't play the campaign. It's horrible in every sense of the word.

Why did they even bother with the campaign?  Would rather they have put all their focus on multiplayer .. BF3 campaign was so painful, and BF4 was unimaginably worse >.>
Same goes for games like Wolfenstein.  Why bother with multiplayer?!? :xf_mad:

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #5,872 of 9,120
  Why did they even bother with the campaign?  Would rather they have put all their focus on multiplayer .. BF3 campaign was so painful, and BF4 was unimaginably worse >.>
Same goes for games like Wolfenstein.  Why bother with multiplayer?!? :xf_mad:

I agree totally.  Uncharted and The Last of Us both had amazingly great campaigns and then crappy multiplayer that was just a sideshow. I guess it's almost a prerequisite for releasing any game now.  Well I'm about to try the hardline beta, I'm scared.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #5,873 of 9,120
I agree totally.  Uncharted and The Last of Us both had amazingly great campaigns and then crappy multiplayer that was just a sideshow. I guess it's almost a prerequisite for releasing any game now.  Well I'm about to try the hardline beta, I'm scared.
Don't be, my friend. It's leaps and bounds better than BF4 Beta. The game's graphics are kinda meh, and because of that, it's SUPER easy to run. I got my GTX650ti Boost SC and I can easily do Ultra with over 60 frames.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #5,874 of 9,120
Don't be, my friend. It's leaps and bounds better than BF4 Beta. The game's graphics are kinda meh, and because of that, it's SUPER easy to run. I got my GTX650ti Boost SC and I can easily do Ultra with over 60 frames.

What CPU are you running?  My 7970 at stock speeds/voltage is bottlenecked by my CPU (fx6300 @ 4.3GHz)  I get basically 36-50 fps on low and ultra.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #5,875 of 9,120
  What CPU are you running?  My 7970 at stock speeds/voltage is bottlenecked by my CPU (fx6300 @ 4.3GHz)  I get basically 36-50 fps on low and ultra.

Heh, the FX series always seems to be the bottleneck. My CPU (FX-8320) is my main bottleneck for Planetside 2 when I max it out, running a 650 Ti Boost. But on the 4xxx builds my friends have, their GPUs max, (minus the dual 780 build...).

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #5,876 of 9,120
  Heh, the FX series always seems to be the bottleneck. My CPU (FX-8320) is my main bottleneck for Planetside 2 when I max it out, running a 650 Ti Boost. But on the 4xxx builds my friends have, their GPUs max, (minus the dual 780 build...).

Oh yeah PS2 is crazy hard on CPUs.   I have a watercooling loop sitting in a big box, it's all ready to be installed but I haven't over the past 2 months because I'd feel stupid watercooling a pos.  I was thinking about upgrading to and 83x0 so I could at least have incentive to OC more but I've been gaming so little over the past year that it seems kinda pointless.  When The only game I've played in the last 3 months has been BC2 I think a constant 100+ fps is already good enough.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #5,880 of 9,120
The only games I've noticed that have a huge bottleneck on CPU was miraculously World of Tanks.

But it is understandable. From what I can tell, the code is CPU heavy because the majority of its userbase internationally are running on potato's.

Using my 7870 GHz Overclocked to mem and core clocks way higher than even the R9 270x, with my Phenom II X4 965 BE stock 3.4GHz. I get 29 to 45fps with sometimes 60 when I'm looking at static stuff. 

But with the i5 4430 and the same GPU in my mini ITX summer rig, I get 45-60fps. Funny as hell.

There is barely any difference in other games though...real games that is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back