PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #5,536 of 9,120

Agreed, this case is decidedly "utilitarian" but I agree kinda cheapy for a case that costs over $100 these days
frown.gif
. At least the front panel is solid aluminum? lol.

Specs:

asus z87i-delux
16GB DDR 2133
2x 840 evo 250GB
4x Seagate 4TB
asus 560Ti
Silverstone 450w SFX PSU
coolermaster seidon 120XL

$100?...wut...lol

Nice nice.

Dayum, your motherboard and case supports some nice options. My motherboard only natively has two SATA connectors. And case itself has four I believe.

I'll take it you are recycling an old 560 Ti you had?

This is your HTPC right? ....what are you gonna be using that thing for? Movies? Storage? Hentai>?

May 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #5,537 of 9,120
This is the old 560Ti, its hard to get to it so it'll be in there for a while.

Yeah this motherboard had the most SATA that I could find, since the case holds up to 10 drives but my plans really were for 6 so it works and I didn't need to get an sata card and use Intel gfx this way.

This is an HTPC/NAS/Steambox/whatever I can find a use for it in the future.

May 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #5,538 of 9,120
  This is the old 560Ti, its hard to get to it so it'll be in there for a while.

Yeah this motherboard had the most SATA that I could find, since the case holds up to 10 drives but my plans really were for 6 so it works and I didn't need to get an sata card and use Intel gfx this way.

This is an HTPC/NAS/Steambox/whatever I can find a use for it in the future.

If you look at GPU and CPU's objectively. Not much has really changed.

Perception of graphs and performance is very skewed. 

Yes, my cards are 100% faster+ than the 560Ti, but that is what? 24fps on max to 44fps or something on a heavy game? (making random stuff up)

If you were to take a step back and look at this performance increase and just performance in general. One would be like, what? Both are running even comparatively enough that it can get schiit running.

There is still a large disconnect between multiple layers of software, and taking advantage of the hardware available. 

The 5770 I retired to my brother can run most AAA games on good settings and is still pulling through everything without much problem. 

/rant

May 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #5,541 of 9,120
Bandicamp is a better in between that I found.

I read a few articles and comparison and in the end settled with Bandicamp as a decent mix of quality, size, features, price(free) and performance impact.

I don't record games though

Bandicam kills my PC with a gtx 750 and fx-6300 (both oc'ed) with nividia h.264 on 80 quality. The file size for Afterburner don't really bother me.

May 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #5,542 of 9,120

Yes, my cards are 100% faster+ than the 560Ti, but that is what? 24fps on max to 44fps or something on a heavy game? (making random stuff up)

If you were to take a step back and look at this performance increase and just performance in general. One would be like, what? Both are running even comparatively enough that it can get schiit running.

There is still a large disconnect between multiple layers of software, and taking advantage of the hardware available. 

The 5770 I retired to my brother can run most AAA games on good settings and is still pulling through everything without much problem. 

/rant

Agreed, I always have many eyerolls when I read a gfx card review and they summarize it with "Well the Lightning Shadow Storm 9000x blew away the competition..." ....... then you look at the graphs and it was like 5fps better on every game. Wow 5 whole fps, totally blew em away.

The only reasons I have a 780 in my big PC is I could afford it, I want to max everything out on my 1440p monitor and not worry about tuning it down for a few years, and I had personally set the goal of having the GK110 GPU card in that build even though it was delayed more than a year (but I didn't want to buy the Titan).

May 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #5,543 of 9,120

/rant

Agreed, I always have many eyerolls when I read a gfx card review and they summarize it with "Well the Lightning Shadow Storm 9000x blew away the competition..." ....... then you look at the graphs and it was like 5fps better on every game. Wow 5 whole fps, totally blew em away.

The only reasons I have a 780 in my big PC is I could afford it, I want to max everything out on my 1440p monitor and not worry about tuning it down for a few years, and I had personally set the goal of having the GK110 GPU card in that build even though it was delayed more than a year (but I didn't want to buy the Titan).

Yeah, that is what I mean.

The scale you set a graph to is what skews perception so much.

May 8, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #5,547 of 9,120
Don't know if you guys have seen this amazing game yet but some one made a "quick scope simulator" that you can play for free.  It's very good, free download: 
http://www.reddit.com/r/montageparodies/comments/24rtvp/i_made_a_short_game_based_off_montageparodies/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back