PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #5,521 of 9,120
Picture album of my mini-ITX build

Very messy. But it's only for testing. Will clean it up more before I bring it home. 

http://imgur.com/a/A8E95

Table of parted parts:

(not everything was used in the Mini-ITX build obviously)

Yay pics! That looks good in white I think. It seems bigger in that photo than I would have thought, to me, that makes it look like my case is almost the same size only ~25% taller.

What cooler is in there? Nice and quiet overall?

May 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #5,522 of 9,120

Picture album of my mini-ITX build

Very messy. But it's only for testing. Will clean it up more before I bring it home. 

http://imgur.com/a/A8E95

Table of parted parts:

(not everything was used in the Mini-ITX build obviously)

Yay pics! That looks good in white I think. It seems bigger in that photo than I would have thought, to me, that makes it look like my case is almost the same size only ~25% taller.

What cooler is in there? Nice and quiet overall?

Stock intel Haswell cooler.

There is an additional 80mm fan that the case included that pushes air onto the cooler inside the case. Idle is around 25C. Gaming Load at around 46C. General usage at around 37C-40C. 

Unlike the full desktop builds. The case type, structure, and metal is very thin. This means that you can REALLY hear the GPU when it starts spinning up.

Whereas 50% was only semi-audible before.....it is now fully audible due to the slots on the side of the mini-ITX

May 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #5,523 of 9,120

There is an additional 80mm fan that the case included that pushes air onto the cooler inside the case. Idle is around 25C. Gaming Load at around 46C. General usage at around 37C-40C. 

Unlike the full desktop builds. The case type, structure, and metal is very thin. This means that you can REALLY hear the GPU when it starts spinning up.

Whereas 50% was only semi-audible before.....it is now fully audible due to the slots on the side of the mini-ITX

YES, this is my issue too!  I did not notice my 6850 nearly as much before upgrading to a mITX form factor.  I have similar temps with the Node 304, but my cable management is atrocious.  Your build on the other hand looks really good, especially for the size

Congrats

May 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #5,524 of 9,120

Cool, I guess those AMD blowers aren't the most silent card out there anyway huh, something to keep in mind when doing a build like this.

Stock CPU cooler though..... shame shame :p

May 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #5,525 of 9,120

Cool, I guess those AMD blowers aren't the most silent card out there anyway huh, something to keep in mind when doing a build like this.

I am using the same cooler, should I be ashamed too?  :p

May 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #5,526 of 9,120

YES, this is my issue too!  I did not notice my 6850 nearly as much before upgrading to a mITX form factor.  I have similar temps with the Node 304, but my cable management is atrocious.  Your build on the other hand looks really good, especially for the size

Congrats

What? My cable management was literally on the basis of: If it fits, it sits.

I just threw stuff together as it was just a build-check.

That build is currently partially disassembled now. The original parts are back in my main PC. 

I'll rebuild it the day before I leave and get stuff prepared. 

And thanks

...hell no they aren't. With both my 7870 GHz's in crossfire. Turning both fans on 100% creates a sound louder than the infamous 290x leafblower.

There is only about 2 inches of room from the top of the current stock cooler to the bottom of my PSU. Not much room for else.

I was ready to spend an extra $20 on a small form horizontal type cooler in case my temperatures were bad. Thankfully, they aren't.

I put a liberal amount of AS5 on it after removing the stock gunk, gave the computer about 72 hours of running time on it to do some plausible curing if it does or doesn't.

The temps are very good for how little room is in the case. Like very good. 

I am using the same cooler, should I be ashamed too?  :p

YES....no

May 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #5,528 of 9,120
If any of you guys want to record gameplay with your PCs, I recommend MSI Afterburner. There's no time cap , is also for overclocking and it's low resource. The only cons are it takes up ridiculous space on your HD (15 min @ 60fps, 95% quality, compressed = 5GB), and it splits up your recording in separate 15 minute files.
If you have a Nvidia card, Shadowplay is much better. It's still in beta, so it's not perfect, but it has all you need.

May 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #5,529 of 9,120
If any of you guys want to record gameplay with your PCs, I recommend MSI Afterburner. There's no time cap , is also for overclocking and it's low resource. The only cons are it takes up ridiculous space on your HD (15 min @ 60fps, 95% quality, compressed = 5GB), and it splits up your recording in separate 15 minute files.

Bandicamp is a better in between that I found.

I read a few articles and comparison and in the end settled with Bandicamp as a decent mix of quality, size, features, price(free) and performance impact.

I don't record games though

May 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #5,530 of 9,120
  What? My cable management was literally on the basis of: If it fits, it sits.

I just threw stuff together as it was just a build-check.

That build is currently partially disassembled now. The original parts are back in my main PC. 

I'll rebuild it the day before I leave and get stuff prepared. 

And thanks

...hell no they aren't. With both my 7870 GHz's in crossfire. Turning both fans on 100% creates a sound louder than the infamous 290x leafblower.

There is only about 2 inches of room from the top of the current stock cooler to the bottom of my PSU. Not much room for else.

I was ready to spend an extra $20 on a small form horizontal type cooler in case my temperatures were bad. Thankfully, they aren't.

I put a liberal amount of AS5 on it after removing the stock gunk, gave the computer about 72 hours of running time on it to do some plausible curing if it does or doesn't.

The temps are very good for how little room is in the case. Like very good. 

YES....no

I enlarged one of your photos.. OK, still better than mine, and I know exactly what you mean haha.  

Nope

If you have a Nvidia card, Shadowplay is much better. It's still in beta, so it's not perfect, but it has all you need.

Nope

Bandicamp is a better in between that I found.

I read a few articles and comparison and in the end settled with Bandicamp as a decent mix of quality, size, features, price(free) and performance impact.

I don't record games though

Nope

Hauppauge HD PVR 2  + Raspberry Pi/PC + HDD = WIN

Why?
No compatibility issues
No performance impact
Hardware Encoding
Can still stream!
More cogs
Way more difficult to setup and maintain
$50 is cheaper than upgrading a GPU 

I am ready to brawl 
popcorn.gif

May 6, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #5,531 of 9,120
  I enlarged one of your photos.. OK, still better than mine, and I know exactly what you mean haha.  

Nope

Nope

Nope

Hauppauge HD PVR 2  + Raspberry Pi/PC + HDD = WIN

Why?
No compatibility issues
No performance impact
Hardware Encoding
Can still stream!
More cogs
Way more difficult to setup and maintain
$50 is cheaper than upgrading a GPU 

I am ready to brawl 
popcorn.gif

nah,

Free is best for people like me who don't record games.

May 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5,535 of 9,120
  Nice nice, can you post your spec sheet again?

Looks good though! Nice and clean

Although I dislike white aluminum innards. Looks cheap.

Agreed, this case is decidedly "utilitarian" but I agree kinda cheapy for a case that costs over $100 these days
frown.gif
. At least the front panel is solid aluminum? lol.

Specs:

asus z87i-delux
16GB DDR 2133
2x 840 evo 250GB
4x Seagate 4TB
asus 560Ti
Silverstone 450w SFX PSU
coolermaster seidon 120XL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back