PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Feb 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #4,696 of 9,120
  Useless for me

My mining machine isn't only used for mining, I also don't want my mining settings to be my default settings and or the 'flashed' settings.

It won't really affect normal operations on the card, it pretty much just optimises the memory timings for hashing.

You'll notice that some brands of the same card seem to hash much faster than what you can achieve, and that's just because the manufacturer was too lazy to ship out with a calibrated/optimised memory profile.

It doesn't 'lock in' your clockspeeds or anything, so you can still OC like normal for when you game.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #4,697 of 9,120

It won't really affect normal operations on the card, it pretty much just optimises the memory timings for hashing.

You'll notice that some brands of the same card seem to hash much faster than what you can achieve, and that's just because the manufacturer was too lazy to ship out with a calibrated/optimised memory profile.

It doesn't 'lock in' your clockspeeds or anything, so you can still OC like normal for when you game.

Just wondering how a Flash can optomize my memory and clock if the numbers I have typed in through testing with Afterburner are the numbers that will be typed in to the flash to give it that 'stock' profile?

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #4,700 of 9,120

Memory timings.

Nah, not gonna mess with my memory timings.

It may cause some schiit :/

I'm fine as it is. I don't use my rig for only mining.

The memory timings I 'change' may end up being worse when gaming and overclocking.

My optimal computer usage and regular clocks for mining are actually a very large underclock and undervolt

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #4,705 of 9,120

Antivirus?  Are you running on Windows 95 (retail)?
Update your Java RE, and rejoice!

Dell is selling a brand new i7-4770/8GB/1TB machine for $600.  But I noticed something incredibly ironic:
(Probably need to click on it)

lol they have to force it down peoples throats *or pay an extra $50 for win7*

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #4,706 of 9,120
I uninstalled it and haven't got a BS (heh) since. (It's been over a month.)
Cracked Win7 Ultimate, actually.

Best AV = No AV haha

lol they have to force it down peoples throats *or pay an extra $50 for win7*

Yeah, ironic that people pay to downgrade...  I wonder how much they charge for MS-DOS, because I have this application....
EDIT:  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that its pretty hard to operate in a modern GUI.  I really prefer MS-DOS......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back