PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #3,466 of 9,120
You have proven you aren't a cheap "person".

..........but I bought it for 66% less than retail price 
evil_smiley.gif

STill a cheap person

Anyway, just bought almost all the parts for my brothers new computer except for the RAM. The good priced promo ones ran out of stock.

Part list

Zalman Z5 Case 
 AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Six Core CPU
ASUS AM3+ Motherboard M5A78L-M LX PLUS
128GB Vertex 450 SSD
1TB WD Blue 7200rpm HDD
XFX Core Edition Pro 550W PSU (its on OCN rec list as well)
ASUS DVD DRIVE.
ATi 5770 1GB GDDR5 128bit

Only thing I'm missing is that stupid RAM I haven't bought yet.

Oh right. Total of the entire list you see above was $337. 

I went HARD on rebates, promos, instant savings. 

My univ(and most) offer free Windows iso's so that's covered.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #3,467 of 9,120
..........but I bought it for 66% less than retail price :evil:
STill a cheap person

I went HARD on rebates, promos, instant savings. 

My univ(and most) offer free Windows iso's so that's covered.
Think you can get my friend Win8 for free? Lol. So my friend (the PC build one) decided to go mini-ITX. Would a CM GeminII S524 be good? (I plan on doing that cheap one-click OC'ing that MSI boards have.) Using an AMD Athlon X4 750K.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,469 of 9,120
Think you can get my friend Win8 for free? Lol. So my friend (the PC build one) decided to go mini-ITX. Would a CM GeminII S524 be good? (I plan on doing that cheap one-click OC'ing that MSI boards have.) Using an AMD Athlon X4 750K.

Sorry but I can't.

The rammifications are pretty large if something happens

OOO, the Athlon X4's nice!

I still don't know if it's 1 key per person. If it's say 10 keys per person, I'd gladly give other people my keys. If not, meh.

My school is a key that works and is the same for however many accounts. Forgot what this is called. 

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,471 of 9,120
  Wait, so we have infinite, or at least a lot of copies?

Not sure how UCONN works.

The key for my school are the business style keys and activation style. 

It's the MAK key or the MULTIPLE ACTIVATION KEY that uses the KMS service.

So yeah, its one key but you have to activate it 'differently' using the command prompt.

Yeah, not sure if Uconn is the same. I cold get my Microsoft OS from them but meh. 

The only way I can access, download, or see any software documentation from VT is if I use a VPN to my school. So yeah, they are overly protective

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #3,473 of 9,120
Ramifications? I know what they are in general, but I don't get it.

EVERY page you enter and on every page it tells you about illegal usage etc etc

The top right corner of every portion of the software page has a warning about illegal usage and every code has an agreement legal policy about usage of these keys.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #3,474 of 9,120
  The key for my school are the business style keys and activation style. 

It's the MAK key or the MULTIPLE ACTIVATION KEY that uses the KMS service.

So yeah, its one key but you have to activate it 'differently' using the command prompt.

Yeah, not sure if Uconn is the same. I cold get my Microsoft OS from them but meh. 

The only way I can access, download, or see any software documentation from VT is if I use a VPN to my school. So yeah, they are overly protective

I don't think they list it on the UCONN store page for Microsoft Dreamspark. I can check this weekend.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #3,478 of 9,120
...I think you may be talking about a volume key, in which case, I am jealous of just what you can get at your fancy private colleges.  God damn CUNY, not having any licenses or laptops (for most) to give.  Hell, my high school's gonna start handing iPads to freshmen next year. DX

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #3,479 of 9,120
  ...I think you may be talking about a volume key, in which case, I am jealous of just what you can get at your fancy private colleges.  God damn CUNY, not having any licenses or laptops (for most) to give.  Hell, my high school's gonna start handing iPads to freshmen next year. DX

Private colleges??

The colleges we are talking about(that I am/was a student of both) are

Virginia PolyTech Inst. and State Univ (Virginia Tech)
Univ of Connecticut.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3,480 of 9,120

If you activate out of campus, there will eventually be an issue with Microsoft.  (experience)

In Amman, I called Microsoft and they gave me a free Office 2010 key haha.  (Said I was tired of using Pirated version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back