PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Nov 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #3,451 of 9,120

Yup, are there enough 6-pins on the hardwired cable for one GPU?

Nope. There is one spare 8 pin. I can use a 8 pin to 6 pin adapter for one of the plugs for one GPU and then use Molex to 6 pin.

This means that one GPU will be taking some from 12V1 and some from 12V2.

The main GPU in CFx will have the dedicated 12V2 line I guess

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #3,452 of 9,120

Nope. There is one spare 8 pin. I can use a 8 pin to 6 pin adapter for one of the plugs for one GPU and then use Molex to 6 pin.

This means that one GPU will be taking some from 12V1 and some from 12V2.

The main GPU in CFx will have the dedicated 12V2 line I guess

Okay, that should work. 
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #3,454 of 9,120
Chrome has decided to break itself. -_-" It loves to freeze up and crash now, even with all of my extensions disabled or uninstalled. Did a reinstall of it. Still have the same problems. Going to see if disabling hardware acceleration will do something since that can usually cause problems.

It'll run nice and smooth for 10 minutes and then everything goes to schiit. Anybody else having this problem?

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3,455 of 9,120
  Chrome has decided to break itself. -_-" It loves to freeze up and crash now, even with all of my extensions disabled or uninstalled. Did a reinstall of it. Still have the same problems. Going to see if disabling hardware acceleration will do something since that can usually cause problems.

It'll run nice and smooth for 10 minutes and then everything goes to schiit. Anybody else having this problem?

I am getting some slow downs but those are only when doing resource heavy things. 

FB is aso *******itself up.

Other than that. Nope

My first 7870 GHz Edition just shipped and will be comming.

I'll be buying the second 7870 GHz Edition either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I have to ship the second one to my Univ address. Since I am gone for break, I need it to get there right as I get back. If I don't do this, UPS will return shipment to Newegg. Never have I ever thought I would need to use the slowest shipping speed but here I am. Even the slowest Newegg Saver option isn't slow enough to last the entire break :frowning2: 
Also, shipping one to my home and another to my Univ allows me to get two rebates. $108 for each AMD 7870 GHz Edition anyone? 
rolleyes.gif

All I need now is that CFx Bridge, new case, and SSD and boom

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,459 of 9,120

I had a problem where no sites would load but google and youtube for about 12 hours.... nothing would load on firefox or IE either though (same with my phone through wifi)

Just when I thought BF4 was getting "playable" (ie I haven't crashed every five minutes for a couple weeks now) However, as of 20 minutes ago every time I try to join a server it says "please use the task manager to close it down" even if the process isn't running.  People say there's a way to fix this which involves re installing and killing the process in safe mode but I'm not doing all that work for this.  I didn't buy premium but I think it's hilarious that that they're giving everyone double XP when it was only supposed to be premium members before.  What a joke.

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #3,460 of 9,120
I agree; single rail all the way.  My PC P&C Turbo-Cool 1KW finally (gotta love those 7 years) came out of warranty.  Started life in a dual Opteron build way back in '06 and has been humming...ok whirring...along until know when it powers an SR-2 build.  Since I finally don't have to worry about voiding it; perhaps it's time to consider a custom sleeve/connector/quieter fan job on it as the mess of wires is really ugly and a super tight fit inside my Cosmos 1000.  Wonder what company ships custom plugs and sleeving to Thailand.

Yes I hold onto hardware way past the time most people change it out.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,462 of 9,120
If any one of you play War Thunder, friend HybridCore. This guy's pretty damn good.

Of course, ask him first, before you spam the dude.

Thanks. 
biggrin.gif

You understand all of the proper basics (lead bubble =/= where you aim, always keep an altitude advantage), I guess it's just charging into battle. I spend my time climbing to about 3000-4000 meters before doing anything. Boom and Zoom is a really nice strategy (just time consuming unless you have a plane that can climb stupid good like the Ki-43 Hayabusa).

I had a problem where no sites would load but google and youtube for about 12 hours.... nothing would load on firefox or IE either though (same with my phone through wifi)

Just when I thought BF4 was getting "playable" (ie I haven't crashed every five minutes for a couple weeks now) However, as of 20 minutes ago every time I try to join a server it says "please use the task manager to close it down" even if the process isn't running.  People say there's a way to fix this which involves re installing and killing the process in safe mode but I'm not doing all that work for this.  I didn't buy premium but I think it's hilarious that that they're giving everyone double XP when it was only supposed to be premium members before.  What a joke.

My thing just dies. It starts with 1 tab freezing up which starts causing other tabs to freeze up as soon as I switch to them. New tabs won't show up as tabs until I go from full window to a smaller window and back again. Weird stuff.

I agree; single rail all the way.

http://www.overclock.net/t/761202/single-rail-vs-multi-rail-explained

Just bought my second AMD 7870 GHz Edition card :)

BFSPECIAL5 

Is a newegg promo code that gets 5% off the ENTIRE order. :) Use it well guys!

Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back