PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #1,681 of 9,120
Bit-tech is bettuh.
tongue.gif

Unigen Valley didn't impress me. Probably the massive texture popping problems.
It was all like extreme tessy.

May 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #1,682 of 9,120
Started playing Half Life 2 for the first time in three years. Last time I played it, I wasn't really feeling it. This time, I'm liking it almost as much as the first time I played it. I'm just absolutely in love with the city design, and I'm liking the music MUCH more than the first time I played it.

Also, I don't know if it's just that my nostalgia goggles are strapped on too tight, but the graphics are still pretty nice.

And for whatever reason, I can't run this with 8xSGSSAA, or even 4xSGSSAA on 2160 x 1350.

May 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #1,683 of 9,120
The game still looks damn good seeing as it has been out for a while. What monitor has that resolution? Seems like an odd bit of numbers. Sounds like you need to throw down 5k on a new computer? jk jk. Whats your rig? 
Started playing Half Life 2 for the first time in three years. Last time I played it, I wasn't really feeling it. This time, I'm liking it almost as much as the first time I played it. I'm just absolutely in love with the city design, and I'm liking the music MUCH more than the first time I played it.

Also, I don't know if it's just that my nostalgia goggles are strapped on too tight, but the graphics are still pretty nice.

And for whatever reason, I can't run this with 8xSGSSAA, or even 4xSGSSAA on 2160 x 1350.

May 5, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,684 of 9,120
It's a downsample resolution, 2.25x my native resolution, 1440 x 900.

It's really strange that SGSSAA bogs down performance so much, when I can run much newer games like Dishonored at higher SGSSAA.

I just have simple AMD Athlon II X4 2.9GHz, Geforce GTX 650 Ti, and 4 gigaboots of RAM, but it should be more than enough to run this with 8xSGSSAA.
confused.gif

May 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #1,685 of 9,120
Quote:

Really? 

I got the opposite problem.

I loved it the first time and could make it through EVERYTHING.

Now, when I tried half a year ago. I got stuck EVERYWHERE, at every puzzle and etc.

May 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,687 of 9,120
Quote:
The entire HL series is bad. I don't know why so many people like it.

Valve, Steam etc etc.

They have good arguments for why one should be pro Steam and Valve though, but it is a bit pretensious. 

This was on Reddit yesterday about  Origin:
Where even if ALL the games were free on it, they would never use Origin.

May 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #1,688 of 9,120
Quote:
Valve, Steam etc etc.

They have good arguments for why one should be pro Steam and Valve though, but it is a bit pretensious. 

This was on Reddit yesterday about  Origin:
Where even if ALL the games were free on it, they would never use Origin.

Steam is better than origin, but I think most of that is because Steam has a better UI, better sales and isn't owned by one of the most despised game publishers in the world.

May 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,689 of 9,120
Quote:
Steam is better than origin, but I think most of that is because Steam has a better UI, better sales and isn't owned by one of the most despised game publishers in the world.

Yep, I believe the same. 

Much more streamlined, cross computer easy/ready and just a better experience

But also Origin is a year old.

I have no problems with Origin.

I would say they are only getting that title due to sensationalism(but with sources). So while it is real, it is a bit too much.

May 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,690 of 9,120

Apparently millions upon millions disagree. They were never particularly interesting to me either, but I would say that at the time of their release they were far from "bad".

It's actually kinda sad that I found the mod games made from its engine far more entertaining.

Would I ever be tempted to replay them? Nope.

May 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,691 of 9,120
Quote:
Apparently millions upon millions disagree. They were never particularly interesting to me either, but I would say that at the time of their release they were far from "bad".

It's actually kinda sad that I found the mod games made from its engine far more entertaining.

Would I ever be tempted to replay them? Nope.

You guys are my type of people!

You guys hold opinions like mine

I get bombared with death threats everywhere else I say stuff like this.

I liked HL2, but nowhere near god level as some say it is.

Steam and Valve? I like their company. Easy and works for me.

EA and Origin? If I stop caring about all the schiit I hear. They are doing innovative stuff and it does work. No problems with it. I have dealt with support and problems with the service, and their support is horrendous. But I would say, that what was really horrendous about it, was even FINDING a quick chat rep to speak with. Which is the exact problem Steam gave me. However once I got on. The rep was very kind and worked with me on finding my account email. And then offered me 10% discount on anything even though it was my fault.

May 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,692 of 9,120
Quote:
Yep, I believe the same. 

Much more streamlined, cross computer easy/ready and just a better experience

But also Origin is a year old.

I have no problems with Origin.

I would say they are only getting that title due to sensationalism(but with sources). So while it is real, it is a bit too much.

Origin should not have been rolled out as an essential component of their games until after it came out of Beta. It's still awkward to use. Like devs releasing MMOs that try and compete with WOW but with 10% of the content, 1000% more bugs and 100% of the price. 

May 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,693 of 9,120
Quote:
Origin should not have been rolled out as an essential component of their games until after it came out of Beta. It's still awkward to use. Like devs releasing MMOs that try and compete with WOW but with 10% of the content, 1000% more bugs and 100% of the price. 

I agree. Them rolling it out in full force left me with half arsed support that wouldn't work with Crysis 1.

It took me longer to buy the game and get it working than it would have to download a crack and just crack it then.

Really..-

May 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #1,694 of 9,120
The idea of steam on ps3 would draw my interest if they could do deals similar to the ones offered on pc. I'm at a point in my life that collecting a bunch of physical, game related material is cumbersome.

I hated steam 10 years ago, but It has improved immensely since that time. Still hate origin and EA's business style.

May 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,695 of 9,120
Quote:

I feel the same way about Bioshock infinite. Bare bones understanding of physics dressed up and crammed with fake depth spewing machines(the duo)? no thanks. but the game play was fun.

Quote:
Really? 

I got the opposite problem.

I loved it the first time and could make it through EVERYTHING.

Now, when I tried half a year ago. I got stuck EVERYWHERE, at every puzzle and etc.

HL2 had puzzles? Then again this is one of the games I dust of every five years or so; I don't remember there being any real puzzles other than the few "Dump this many things into this bin to make this door open" type things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back