PC Entertainment Headphones ~$250?
Jul 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Knickerus

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I'm looking for some "good" around-ear headphones somewhere in the $100-$250 range. I was originally looking at the ATH-AD700s, but started getting second thoughts recently. I've been getting a lot of mixed reviews about them, and I'm a little afraid to purchase them and be disappointed. After that, I've been researching the AKG Q701s. I'm willing to get a sound card to push them to their "full potential". However, I don't want to have to invest in an expensive sound card if I don't have to.

I'll be using these primarily for Music and TV/Movies, but I would also like them to be good for gaming. (Not competitive. I don't really care about footstep positioning and whatnot.)

Any recommendations for some headphones or headphone/sound card combos would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello!

I'm looking for some "good" around-ear headphones somewhere in the $100-$250 range. I was originally looking at the ATH-AD700s, but started getting second thoughts recently. I've been getting a lot of mixed reviews about them, and I'm a little afraid to purchase them and be disappointed. After that, I've been researching the AKG Q701s. I'm willing to get a sound card to push them to their "full potential". However, I don't want to have to invest in an expensive sound card if I don't have to.

I'll be using these primarily for Music and TV/Movies, but I would also like them to be good for gaming. (Not competitive. I don't really care about footstep positioning and whatnot.)

Any recommendations for some headphones or headphone/sound card combos would be greatly appreciated.

Audio Technica ATH-A900 headphones
Asus Xonar DG sound card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back