Paypal
Sep 2, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 36
For any PayPal issues, seriously, go here. One of five reps will help you with your problem and probably expedite a resolution. Much better than trying to talk to customer service via e-mail/phone/PayPal's system, because your issue will sit there for all the internet to see until someone from PayPal addresses it. Read through some of the issues/responses to get a sense for how they're willing to cut through PayPal's notorious red-tape black hole. I bet they could even help mitchb if he were actually telling the truth about his dilemma.

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much does it cost to ship a money order overnight?

$1 for the Money order, and depending on who you go through $15. Anything over $500 and you're saving money by NOT using paypal because of the 3%+ fees they charge.

Also, if you're transferring funds from your bank account to make a purchase through paypal, it takes DAYS for it to clear and go through. So, you're still having to wait days for funds to get there. You may as well save some money and mail the money...

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1 for the Money order, and depending on who you go through $15. Anything over $500 and you're saving money by NOT using paypal because of the 3%+ fees they charge.

Also, if you're transferring funds from your bank account to make a purchase through paypal, it takes DAYS for it to clear and go through. So, you're still having to wait days for funds to get there. You may as well save some money and mail the money...

Well I've already made the transfer to my paypal account from my bank account and I can't cancel it, which was the point of this thread. After it gets to my paypal account it's not going to take another 4 days to transfer it to the person I'm buying it from is it? And paypal hasn't taken any fees out of my account yet.

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Paypal is a HORRIBLE means to transfer funds. I have a premier account with a debit card as well. Have had one since paypal was invented (literally).

Anybody that HASN'T filed a claim wouldn't understand. Those that have, know how horrible it is, and how the replies are often automated when contacting customer service. Usually, the people who HAVE filed a claim, just use it because it IS convenient and easy to use. It really has no other advantages.

Money Orders through the post office cannot go wrong. Nobody likes risking federal charges against them, and the post office is REALLY GOOD at resolving problems concerning money orders and if package get damaged and or lost. That's the thing about the government, they're so damn cheap, they make sure they minimize damages and losses as much as possible, lol.

Besides having to wait like a day to get the funds (which again, the other party probably won't send out till the next day anyways unless funds are received EARLY, which next day by the post office is guaranteed by noon), it's just all together a safer and cheaper means. People just like the IDEA of it being instant, but in reality, it's going to take the other person the same amount of time to ship it out, you're not really waiting any longer.

[rationalize]And of course it is much easier to rip someone off with a money order so that is another advantage[/rationalize]
rolleyes.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

I'm don't understand this. I've been making payments with paypal through my bank account for years, and they've always gone through instantly, which has been verified by the seller of whatever I've been purchasing. I've also received funds instantly from everyone who has purchased from me. Your comment makes no sense to me.

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #21 of 36
Lol i agree, that transfer from your bank to paypal is an unnecessary step if you've "linked" your bank account to your paypal account (i think that's the term they use). Then it's just instant. For me at least MUAHAHAHAHA....no more sugar.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm don't understand this. I've been making payments with paypal through my bank account for years, and they've always gone through instantly, which has been verified by the seller of whatever I've been purchasing. I've also received funds instantly from everyone who has purchased from me. Your comment makes no sense to me.

I'd like to know how you're doing things, because my experience is the same as his. When I use Paypal, it always take at least 2 or 3 days for the money to go through.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #23 of 36
If it takes days, one thing you need to check is:

1. Are you VERIFIED? When you are verified, paypal pretty much runs through your checking account and does this stuff to make sure you are legit. Once you are verified, payment is a breeze, takes a couple of minutes actually.

You probably just signed up with paypal and when you are led there to make a payment, it has to ask you for a funding source.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #24 of 36
Piccolo, read my post just above yours...

Since i too have never had any wait i'll tell you what i do.

I just go to send money and send the amount for whatever i buy to the person's account and it's transferred in seconds.

The only time i ever have to wait is when withdrawing funds from paypal into my bank account and it usually takes a day.

EDIT: Yeah just like cipher said, verified is what i was talking about with "linking" or w/e. That way they know your bank account is real and they don't have to go check it each time you make a purchase.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #26 of 36
It takes at least 5 days from the customers I've had who've purchased under this condition - sometimes a day or two longer.

As a Paypal retailer, I receive a special e-mail from Paypal explaining the "E-Check" situation. The note instructs me specifically to not send the merchandise until the "E-Check" clears, under the pretense of harming the Paypal system and protections to Paypal retailers otherwise.

P.S. I have also filed claims before through the Paypal system and received great response - simply calling them on more than one occasion. I don't really know what causes an e-check situation, but I'll continue to support the Paypal policies and respect them as both a retailer and purchaser. It's well worth it to me.

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it takes days, one thing you need to check is:

1. Are you VERIFIED? When you are verified, paypal pretty much runs through your checking account and does this stuff to make sure you are legit. Once you are verified, payment is a breeze, takes a couple of minutes actually.

You probably just signed up with paypal and when you are led there to make a payment, it has to ask you for a funding source.

Yeah I'm verified and I was before I did the payment thing, What I did obliviously though was sent the money to my paypal account when I could have just sent it directly from my bank to the seller, and it won't let me cancel the transaction and I have to wait 3 days now.

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 36
Yes, I am verified. It still takes days to send a payment.

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm verified, so I guess that's the difference. I didn't know other took so long.

Me neither. My payments go through instantly, and the only payments from others that are delayed are eChecks, which take several days to clear as one might expect.

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #30 of 36
What's the different from an eCheck and directly linked? I'm verified, and have over 3 bank accounts all linked as a "back-up source". Same goes for a credit card as my back-up source. They do those stupid 1-8 cent deposits and have you verify it. All of my address that were attached were verified as well.

Back up source meaning, it deducts that amount from your bank or credit card or whatever your back-up funding is if you don't have enough in your paypal account to make the purchase.

Obviously, I'm not alone on this whole wait thing. I remember when transferring funds to your account WAS instant, now it no longer is and there's a couple days wait.

I do have a paypal account for my business, which doesn't have a debit card, and is strictly used for shopping cart purchases. I've never had a problem with that account, but then again, it's never touched by anybody except to transfer funds TO a bank account and is only taking in money, not sending out funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back