Paypal
Sep 1, 2008 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
So I signed up for paypal to buy an mp3 player from this dude. Anyways I did a transfer from my bank to paypal so I could transfer to him, when I realized I could have just done a direct transfer from bank to the guy. They won't let me cancel the transaction now, and they say it's gonna take like 4 freaking days. Could I just remove my bank account from the paypal account and then add it again? What will happen if I remove the account in the middle of a transfer?

I know some of you will tell me to be patient, but it took a week to get the money in order, and instead of just sending a check and waiting for that to clear I thought I would just sign up for paypal and do it instantly, but now that it's going to take 4 days it ruins the point of me signing up for it in the first place.

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 36
Don't try to work the system of paypal (even if it's harmless intent). You'll end up losing your money probably or just failing to achieve anything positive OR negative.

I know you don't want to hear this but...
BE PATIENT.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 36
Hm, this is why I hate paypal.
mad.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 36
Paypal eCheck would take just as long or longer to do as what you did. Just be cool and wait it out....it's part of paypal life....wait...wait some more...wait some more.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 36
Either way, you'll have to wait about 4 days. If you did a direct transfer, the same wait would occur. After the funds are in paypal, transfer them to the seller and that should take no time at all.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either way, you'll have to wait about 4 days. If you did a direct transfer, the same wait would occur. After the funds are in paypal, transfer them to the seller and that should take no time at all.

Hm ok, this makes me feel a little better. Although I think it's silly to take 4 days to transfer some money.

But I'm also wondering, how come when I buy stuff off ebay it's almost instant?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I am frustrated with paypal, i usually fack my wife. Ok, bad joke.

LOL.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 36
Easiest solution to all of this:

Don't use paypal.

With the amount of fees they charge, often times it's CHEAPER to overnight a Money Order or Cashier Check to the person. That person likely wouldn't send the stuff out till the next day anyways even if they got funds instantly, so in any case, you're waiting till the next day before it even gets shipped out.

Also, if it's Postal Money order and sent through the mail, if things get hairy, it's possible grounds for a FEDERAL offense. Paypal doesn't offer that kind of protection, nobody does. Hell, paypal protection sucks period.

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easiest solution to all of this:

Don't use paypal.

With the amount of fees they charge, often times it's CHEAPER to overnight a Money Order or Cashier Check to the person. That person likely wouldn't send the stuff out till the next day anyways even if they got funds instantly, so in any case, you're waiting till the next day before it even gets shipped out.

Also, if it's Postal Money order and sent through the mail, if things get hairy, it's possible grounds for a FEDERAL offense. Paypal doesn't offer that kind of protection, nobody does. Hell, paypal protection sucks period.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea... I'll consider sending a money order / cashier's check through certified mail the next time I make a big purchase.

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #10 of 36
Too much troubles with PayPal , now I use wire transfer and ... think twice before buying , thank you PayPal for the savings !
wink_face.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 36
PayPal is a safe and effiecient means of purchasing online. PayPal offers buyer protection with eBay purchases. Anyone having a problem with PayPal has set their account up incorrectly, usually has insufficient funds or just plain does not understand the system. I have a premier account with a debit/credit card. This account is linked to my checking account and another credit card. I can buy anything I want, when I want to buy it witin the maximum credit limit of my credit card.

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 36
The convenience of Paypal is worth the fees to me, though thankfuly I've never been on the bad side of a transaction that screwed up my account. I might feel differently then....

Twice I've threatened to file a claim, once I did and was refunded immediately, and once the seller eventually shipped without the claim going through.

One GOOD point about Paypal is that it shields your bank account info, in a way that direct transfers can possibly expose.

Also, it allows you to use credit cards. I get Marriott points with most of my Paypal purchases! My wife and I have stayed at some very nice places for free
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #14 of 36
Paypal is a HORRIBLE means to transfer funds. I have a premier account with a debit card as well. Have had one since paypal was invented (literally).

Anybody that HASN'T filed a claim wouldn't understand. Those that have, know how horrible it is, and how the replies are often automated when contacting customer service. Usually, the people who HAVE filed a claim, just use it because it IS convenient and easy to use. It really has no other advantages.

Money Orders through the post office cannot go wrong. Nobody likes risking federal charges against them, and the post office is REALLY GOOD at resolving problems concerning money orders and if package get damaged and or lost. That's the thing about the government, they're so damn cheap, they make sure they minimize damages and losses as much as possible, lol.

Besides having to wait like a day to get the funds (which again, the other party probably won't send out till the next day anyways unless funds are received EARLY, which next day by the post office is guaranteed by noon), it's just all together a safer and cheaper means. People just like the IDEA of it being instant, but in reality, it's going to take the other person the same amount of time to ship it out, you're not really waiting any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back