Payment dispute: Someone is not paying for my goods already shipped (You be the judge)
Oct 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #121 of 358
Unless someone can help me contact the local police, and they agree to investigate this case, I doubt anything can be done at all.

Let's see what he can do: (if he decide to do the wrong thing)

1) reshell it with another customs manufacturer, so that the merlin can no longer be recognized by the id no.
2.) claim I attempt to fraud him with an empty box
3) defend himself by saying he delivered it back unregistered and it got lost
4)
5)
6)
and many more senarios I have yet to think of.

probably the authorities would just chastise me for dumbness on my part as seller. (and given them extra work)

I'll give him three more days... and if he really doesn't respond~
I would definitely disclose his particulars on scambaiter
and post a bounty on his head (100usd to any head fier in his area who will recover it for me, and display his ugly mug)
by that time, delivery fee will be exhorted from him by force (consider it custom demo fees) 

anyone here from Richmond interested in 100usd? 

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #122 of 358
I would also like to try the richmond police first... anyone from richmond willing to report this to the police on my behalf...
if it is successful (guy forced by the police to return my merlin)

you'll have mine 50usd, paypal on me

another 15usd if he is forced to pay shipping... just want to screw him 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #123 of 358
It's Monday, 3 October 2011, 08:50:53 PDT in his area   now

[size=medium]I'll give him till Wednesday 23.59 Canada time to reply.[/size]

[size=medium]If he doesn't, he's screwed. (I would consider him a scammer- an amateur scam-cheater)[/size]

He have no excuses at all to be holding on to my merlin's when he knows he didn't pay for them,

and he is just a student~ definitely no reasons such as overseas business to hold him up

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #124 of 358
Let me know if anyone is willing to contact richmond police for me
I'm no joking about this... the police will be knocking on his door.
his wanted pics will be all over head fi (in pms only~ no posting on forum)
and everyone of his fb friends will know he holds stolen goods

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #127 of 358
I read the entire thread and will bottom-line the situation for you:

As others have said already, the buyer is extremely likely not going to give you any money and is now trying to extort money out of you.

Here's the bottom line: you will have suck up the loss and forget about the situation and your IEMs. Sorry, I know that outcome sucks, but essentially that's the best thing you can do.

The buyer has your item and you didn't receive money for it. Essentially you lost money (the value of the item), but the buyer lost nothing either - he just has a set of IEMs that are broken, as he didn't pay for them. Let him have your broken IEMs and force him to spend money to get IEMs elsewhere - it's not your problem that the IEMs broke when the buyer didn't even pay for them. That's his loss too - too bad for him that he has broken IEMs that he didn't pay for. Now he'll have to get the same or other IEMs from another source.

If the buyer had paid then this would be your problem, but he didn't, so tell him to get lost. Or you could just tell him that if he really wants the IEMs repaired on your dime, then he's going to have to pay for them; otherwise he created his own problem by intentionally breaking IEMs that he didn't pay for.

And no offense, but you should stop posting in this thread now. Posting will not have any positive effects for the following reasons:
1 - Posting could or will make the buyer more hostile (if he's reading your posts).
2 - Posting will not solve your problem.
3 - You don't need advice from the Head-Fiers reading this thread, especially when no Head-Fiers will be able to do anything to help solve your problem. The only people on Head-Fi who can do anything are the admins, who can ban him.
4 - Making online threats is completely vacuous and in actuality there's really nothing you can do, when you have zero record of a transaction. You have your proof that you shipped an item but the buyer has no proof of sending payment, hence there is zero record of a transaction.

Learn from this situation and next time don't send a item without receiving payment first.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #130 of 358
The buyer smashed the shell knowing he would need a re-shell anyway and is using it as an excuse to extort. I wouldn't give him another second... I would post his info here or on "ripoffreport". The Richmond PD can't do anything... and he knows it.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #131 of 358

Quote:
The buyer smashed the shell knowing he would need a re-shell anyway and is using it as an excuse to extort. I wouldn't give him another second... I would post his info here or on "ripoffreport". The Richmond PD can't do anything... and he knows it.

I'm starting to believe that too. and now he's just playing dumb.

but now that OP has his personal info and even photos, he might be abble to get the broken IEMs back, at least.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #132 of 358
You are basically losing USD205 if you don't send him the money.

You will lose USD255 if you do with a less than 10% probability that you will recover back USD155 (after netting off the USD50). Further, you will give him a good laugh over how naive and stupid you are to give him a free custom iem and free money.

Which one do you think is more sensible?

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #133 of 358

Quote:
You are basically losing USD205 if you don't send him the money.
You will lose USD255 if you do with a less than 10% probability that you will recover back USD155 (after netting off the USD50). Further, you will give him a good laugh over how naive and stupid you are to give him a free custom iem and free money.
Which one do you think is more sensible?

isnt it 405?

I say lets kill his dog as a warning. (this is obviously a joke)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back