Pathos Inpol Ear Headphone Amplifier
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #46 of 694
Lolz...
We posted at the exact same time...

😄😄😄

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #48 of 694
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Inpol and HE6SE pairing. Only gripe is that I'm noticing a bit more siblance on some tracks. Not sure if it's the recording or the tubes or a combination.
Haven't had much time to myself due to a new addition to the family, but whenever I get the time, it's just so easy to meld into the music.
Your tubes aren't burnt in yet. They might be a bit bright because of that, or they could be revealing your downstream system or both. Put your headphone system in your signature and give it until about 200+ hours on your NOS Siemens tubes before you make any critical listening remarks.

The EH 6922's are very warm and grainy so they dont do a good job of revealing what's really downstream of them. Your NOS Siemens are much more revealing.

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #49 of 694
150 hours into Reflektors burn in and 200 hours in the Pathos and WyWires Modwright umbilical as of earlier today. I remember the Reflektors making a jump at 150 hours with my last pair and the same occurred in these. They opened up and gained a greater sense of transparency, textural expression, speed and layering. They are still not all the way there yet but they sound so good even now. 🙂

Listening Sesh today was Redbook CD 2012 Led Zeppelin remaster disc 1. 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #50 of 694
New piece joins my headphone setup later today. Excited! 🙂

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #51 of 694
Just arrived! 🙂🙂🙂

Attachments

• 20210416_135718~2.jpg
    20210416_135718~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #53 of 694
New soon-to-be owner here. I'm looking forward to the big upgrade from my iCan Pro amp! The salesperson at Upscale Audio encouraged me to not invest in NOS tubes until I'd heard the Inpol in my system. I'm a bit concerned about the brightness with stock tubes that was mentioned earlier on this thread.

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #54 of 694
New soon-to-be owner here. I'm looking forward to the big upgrade from my iCan Pro amp! The salesperson at Upscale Audio encouraged me to not invest in NOS tubes until I'd heard the Inpol in my system. I'm a bit concerned about the brightness with stock tubes that was mentioned earlier on this thread.
Welcome to the thread! 👏👏👏

The Pathos is revealing. Beautifully so imo.
You're going to hear your upstream system.
Many head-fiers have their system tuned brightly and you will soon learn if you are one.
I found the EV's much too dark and grainy.
YMMV.

Be sure to let your system burn in at least 200 hours before critically commenting.

Apr 20, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #55 of 694
Still burning in.
275 hours on Reflektors and 325 hours on Pathos and WyWires umbilical. 100 hours on Aurender N20.

I'm going to wait until Aurender hits 200 hours before commenting. There's been some swings over the 1st 100 hours with it in my system. I'm going to go another 25 hours on Pathos and Reflektors burn in.

Cheers! 🤙

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #57 of 694
Pathos Ear Amp section only comparison to ALO Studio Six Tube Amp?
Anyone has it? Thanks......
Use Utopia as main hp......
Hi meomap,

I have both and you can see my initial impressions at post #12 (page 1) of this thread.

A few more hours (not as many as chaZZZy007) but I would akin the amp comparison as follows (Studio Six on stock tubes although I have NOS tubes for it, haven't rolled them yet);

Small nuances that permeate space, creating a more holographic scene. Kinda difficult to describe but it's kinda like looking at those porcelain bowls with the acrylic fishes painted into the bottom. They are "flat" and yet have a 3D effect to them.

1618967570270.png

Macro and micro details are presented well with a sense of spatial placement that's also somehow improved with dynamic range.
E.g. instrument on the left, top is also lowered in volume without losing detail that gives a more 3D imaging

Vocals have that magical ZMF touch, centred but suspended.

Or at least that's how it's perceived to me. YMMV.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #58 of 694
Hi meomap,

I have both and you can see my initial impressions at post #12 (page 1) of this thread.

A few more hours (not as many as chaZZZy007) but I would akin the amp comparison as follows (Studio Six on stock tubes although I have NOS tubes for it, haven't rolled them yet);

Small nuances that permeate space, creating a more holographic scene. Kinda difficult to describe but it's kinda like looking at those porcelain bowls with the acrylic fishes painted into the bottom. They are "flat" and yet have a 3D effect to them.

1618967570270.png

Macro and micro details are presented well with a sense of spatial placement that's also somehow improved with dynamic range.
E.g. instrument on the left, top is also lowered in volume without losing detail that gives a more 3D imaging

Vocals have that magical ZMF touch, centred but suspended.

Or at least that's how it's perceived to me. YMMV.
It's impressive how the Pathos can so delicately layer complex music lines one over the other isn't it? I can go move my listening focus from one part of the soundstage to another and hear each instruments piece of the music.

I'm rediscovering so many old songs atm. 🤙

Apr 21, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #59 of 694
It's impressive how the Pathos can so delicately layer complex music lines one over the other isn't it? I can go move my listening focus from one part of the soundstage to another and hear each instruments piece of the music.

I'm rediscovering so many old songs atm. 🤙
I totally wasn't expecting that right out of the box. Totally caught me off guard on some tracks and I was like.......whuuuttt?!?!? Now hold up just a minute. It's been a while since I've been rediscovering music once again.

Apr 21, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #60 of 694
In anticipation of the new Pathos, I ordered a pair of Diana V2 headphones sight unseen, based on Steven Guttenberg/the Audiophiliac's laudatory review of the Inpol Ear with the Abyss Phi TC. The Diana V2's low weight was what ultimately sold me, as they come in at <400 grams, and most higher-end headphones are neck-killers at 450+ grams.

This will be an interesting experiment with two unknown quantities. Anyone else on this thread have experience with the Abyss headphones/Pathos amp combination?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back