Paradigm (yes the company that makes subs and speakers) Shift e1, e2m, and e3m In-Ear Monitors
Oct 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 41
I have wanted paradigm for my home setup for a while...maybe this will be my compromise.  I like the look of them for sure.  the red nozzle under the translucent tips is a nice touch for discerning left from right.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #17 of 41
actually, the red nozzle is part of the tips - so if you want to have the other side red, you can have it - or both white, or both red!

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 41
these seem to be available now, anyone own these?

I am not in the market for more IEMs (okay yes I just ordered the damn Monoprices but but..) but the Canadian aspect of it has me wanting to purchase some.

so *bump*!

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 41

Quote:
I'm surprised this news hasn't gotten more bandwidth, Paradigm is very respected after all.

This is true, I guess they need to up their marketing.  On this end just mail Clieos and Joker a pair and call it a day Paradigm! heh

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #22 of 41

Quote:
I just kept coming back to the Paradigm room because the bass was just, well, ADDICTIVE.

My dad has a 5.1 home theater set up in our basement from Paradigm, whether it's music or a movie they are just incredible speakers. Close your eyes and the artist is right in front of you. Word cannot begin to describe the accuracy, clarity and dynamics they offer. The sub is the PW-2200 v2. It's stated that it's 500rms but it slams. It plays a 25hz test tone effortlessly and shakes the lights above our pool table and rattles the dinner table upstairs along with all the glassware cabinets. Ok so pretty much everything. The thing is though is that it's just so clean. The bass is so controlled and effortless, you feel it but it sounds perfect, nothing dirty about it. The right and left front channels are the Studio 60 v3s and they are just crystal sounding. It's really impressive overall. I won't bore you with the rears and center though, most of us don't listen to 5.1 music :p

Anyways enough about that, I hope that their IEMs are as good as their speakers. I'm sure they will get they in time anyways. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #23 of 41
I confess I'm more interested in the A2 powered speakers. I think a pair of these would be awesome on either side of my computer monitor.

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #24 of 41
I should be receiving a pair of the top of their line E3m tomorrow from a dealer on Long Island who just took delivery of his first order. Paradigm's premise sounds interesting, looking forward to check them out.

In the meantime I am busy breaking in my Grado PS500's I got yesterday. Just over 24 hours logged and they are coming along very nicely. :)

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #25 of 41

Quote:
I should be receiving a pair of the top of their line E3m tomorrow from a dealer on Long Island who just took delivery of his first order. Paradigm's premise sounds interesting, looking forward to check them out.
In the meantime I am busy breaking in my Grado PS500's I got yesterday. Just over 24 hours logged and they are coming along very nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

awesome, keep us posted ESL-1!!!

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #27 of 41
Yes those look sick!

Oddly enough, powered speakers have never really seemed to pass the test of time at Paradigm. They made Studio Reference Active 20's and Active 40's for a few short years, but those were discontinued.

They're extremely coveted in the used market.

Anybody interested in this active Atom shouldn't delay too long - lest they be left with scouring the used hi-fi pages.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #28 of 41
Logging in my first listen to the e3m's by Paradigm, received them today from American Audiophile on Long Island. Still trying the different tips to decide which of the three will work best for me. First impression is full sound with smooth highs. Once I have settled in regarding fit I will start a break in process and see how they might develop sonically. I am thinking that these will prove to be a very value. :cool:

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #29 of 41
Is there no where online to buy these, I've been looking around but can't find any.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #30 of 41
It's possible that there are no Internet sales as such for Paradigm product, that is not uncommon in the audio field. If no luck you might just email or call an authorized dealer to order them. I know this was the first shipment that Paradigm got out with the new product so availability may be limited at first.
Good luck....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back