Paradigm (yes the company that makes subs and speakers) Shift e1, e2m, and e3m In-Ear Monitors
Oct 2, 2011 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/new/692876.html

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Paradigm-Launches-New-Brand-with-Powered-Speaker-and-Three-Earbuds.shtml

Gave all three of them a listen today at the TAVES (Toronto Audio and Video Entertainment Show) with Mark Aling and found that they sounded pretty nice for single drivers. Lots of bass impact and surprising clarity (all three were fed with an iPad) and at their suggested pricepoint ($59 for the e1, $79 for the e2m, and $110 for the e3m, IIRC), a fairly good deal. Each comes with a mic for iPhone/smartphone use, as well as cloth sleeved cables. They should be available soon.

Off topic: Paradigm had a demo room with twin SUB-2's (18,000W continuous!!!) set up and it was ORGASMIC. Listened to some Kodo drumming and I was definitely feeling every single beat of the drum. Tried out a lot of different setups at the show, but I just kept coming back to the Paradigm room because the bass was just, well, ADDICTIVE.
Brendan

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 41
Oct 2, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 41

You mean $100?

Nope, $10 :p I think they are only in the earbud market now, because they know the profitability of them. They need to make a flagship, than i may consider.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 41
i remember him saying 60, 110 and 150/160 for the highest end model...

they're really nice.  liked the mids.

the top end model is a turbine killer, for sure.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 41

Quote:
So what's the difference between the three models? What changes as you climb up the price range?

They get more betterer.
bigsmile_face.gif
 Probably extra (fun) bottom in the lowest and more refinements and true extension as you move up. The company definitely has a clue and seem to not be going at this as an after thought. Worth watching.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 41
*sob* I thought they really meant EARBUDS when they said so.. Not IEMs. *wails and cries*

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 41

Quote:
if you want earbuds, rather than IEMs, your only choice for a decent model is the Yuin PK1, AFAIK.

There are also higher-end Sennheiser and NineWave from Japan.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #12 of 41
if you want earbuds, rather than IEMs, your only choice for a decent model is the Yuin PK1, AFAIK.

There are also higher-end Sennheiser and NineWave from Japan.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D I've tested out the NineWaves, ClieOS.. They're nice, but not enough for me to want to purchase them as I already have the Yuin PK1.. I am funding for a pair of MX980 though, but who knows when I can grab them as I think I'd buy a CD Player before buying a MX980... lol.

Btw sorry for the topic derailment. :xf_eek: I shall excuse myself before the topic derails further.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 41
That new Active Atom reminds me of how I wish they'd go back to making Active 20's and 40's.

I hope they try their hand at making a high end IEM some day.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 41
The prices seem very reasonable, I was happy to learn that the company is canadian, and hope to try them out soon, hopefully retailers here will support local as well.
It also seems paradigm is really advertising the construction as a difference in effecting the sound, the e2 with a 2 piece construction and e3 with a single piece ?

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #15 of 41
It also seems paradigm is really advertising the construction as a difference in effecting the sound, the e2 with a 2 piece construction and e3 with a single piece ?

Sounds like marketing to me. The proof will be in the listening, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back