Panasonic RP-HTF600-S squeaking
Jul 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Supertoaster

500+ Head-Fier
I've had this issue since I got them. The axis that lets the cup rotate makes a really loud high pitch squeaking sound when it moves around. When I am wearing them its not an issue but taking them on or off its a quite irritating sound? I'm not gonna return these or anything over such a small issue but it would help a bit to fix it.

Thanks

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I would suspect that it is simply an issue of how the plastic was pressed t together during the manufacturing process. It could be that taking it apart and putting it back together would fix it. But unless you are comfortable with that sort of thing I'd leave be. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I would suspect that it is simply an issue of how the plastic was pressed t together during the manufacturing process. It could be that taking it apart and putting it back together would fix it. But unless you are comfortable with that sort of thing I'd leave be. 

That's how I broke my Superlux

Would it be safe to use a little bit of WD-40 on it?

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 6
I would not. WD stinks to high heaven man. You'd really have to soak that hp to make any difference. If you haven't already, just try to "rock" the pieces that join back and forth and see if you can get anything to "pop" into place. 

I'll go grab mine if see I have any other suggestions. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Okay, had a look at mine. The only area that could be producing the squeak is point of contact where the arm meets the cup. That's where I would try the gentle rocking to get the piece to pop into place. You should also isolate which side it is. 

Oh, and make sure that there's not a small mouse in the cup. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back