Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Review
Sep 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #302 of 599
Are there any cables that work with this other than the Sleek Audio cable? I don't mind paying within reason for a good quality cable that doesn't have the memory issues like the stock and if over the ear is easier instead of the long connector to the housing like the stock cable does. A normal cable length like the 1.2m most earphones have would be good as well.

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #303 of 599
Since the school year has started I've been wearing my in ears a lot and these are showing a lot of fit issues that I'm unhappy with.

The stock small tips were too small and even worn over ear they fell out. The stock medium tips were just too big to fit in my ear. Because of this I bought some fake Sony Hybrid tips, and the small size is just right, but even with those, with the cable down the headphones fall out of my ears unless I stay perfectly still.

With the cables over the ear, they stay in my ears but the long connector makes the fit kind of weird, and after about an hour and a half of them in my ears they start hurting. I wish I could get these to fit comfortably, but I think I'll try some different headphones instead.

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #304 of 599

Quote:
Are there any cables that work with this other than the Sleek Audio cable? I don't mind paying within reason for a good quality cable that doesn't have the memory issues like the stock and if over the ear is easier instead of the long connector to the housing like the stock cable does. A normal cable length like the 1.2m most earphones have would be good as well.

I don't know any other headphones that use these connectors. Seems a bit odd that only panasonic and Sleek Audio would use them though. Actually, when googling around I found a mention on another forum that the cables appear to be terminated in a standard small DC jack, or something of the sort. The poster said you would probably be able to make your own cables easily by buying the necessary parts. I've been curious to try it myself =P But no, as far as I know there's only the SA cables. I really don't have any issues wearing those over the ear though.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #306 of 599
Got these delivered from the JR deal a week ago, and I'm really digging them so far. The sound is crisp and detailed and I could really feel the bass, which is a big step up from the bass of my main phones, the ATH-AD700s. I do notice that the vocals in the mid-range are a bit recessed, but I don't mind it too much. They sound amazing with instrumental/classical music. Anyhow, thanks to dfkt for the great review - the CZs weren't even on my radar before reading the review. 

On a tongue-in-cheek side note, these were my first time ever using IEMs, and my virgin ear canals feel a bit violated =).

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #307 of 599
Did the foam mod today. Just out of curiosity. So far it sounds good and I'm surprised the quality doesn't change noticeably. I will hold back for a close tonight's listen before making any hasty conclusions.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #308 of 599
If only i was capable of DIY
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know of anyone else that uses the connector and it isn't really that common among detachable cables as most use the UE/Westone type pins. I'll see if I can get something but probably unlikely. I'm not that tall and the cable is a bit short for me.

Quote:
I don't know any other headphones that use these connectors. Seems a bit odd that only panasonic and Sleek Audio would use them though. Actually, when googling around I found a mention on another forum that the cables appear to be terminated in a standard small DC jack, or something of the sort. The poster said you would probably be able to make your own cables easily by buying the necessary parts. I've been curious to try it myself =P But no, as far as I know there's only the SA cables. I really don't have any issues wearing those over the ear though.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #309 of 599
Anyone found this IEMS in a good price (similar to J&R for 90$), from international seller? You can only find them for like 150$ included shipping

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #311 of 599
Well it definitely won't be $79 if they ship outside of the USA which may or may not be an option. I'd look into getting a mail forwarding service in the US. I don't know any as I live there but you can search for one.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #312 of 599
Great idea. never really thought of it. If i found a cheap carrier it will be great. thank you rawrster

Quote:
Well it definitely won't be $79 if they ship outside of the USA which may or may not be an option. I'd look into getting a mail forwarding service in the US. I don't know any as I live there but you can search for one.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #313 of 599

Quote:

I'm using shipito.com
So far so good, VERY cheap prices for fedex int'l priority to australia (comes out to $41.07 total for me incl their forwarding fee) and i got free shipping in the US. So $125AUD total ^^
We'll see on monday how good they are...
Oh and J&R needed me to scan both sides of my credit card with both sides of my drivers license to do international billing. (I couldn't get the online ordering to work so phoned them.)

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #314 of 599
Just thought should update about how unsatisfied i am with hje900. 

I have returned hje900 and would be seeking a refund.

This earphone is just not my cup of tea. There is too much shrillness in voice and bass is relegated to backseat. There have been times/songs when i literally have to lower the volume since the voice of singer is too loud, sharp to my ears. Also i had to up the volume by approx 5-6 bars to get a good hearing. Not worth the effort my ears take beating for. Initially i was thinking it was fit issues, but even after getting good seal with Sony Hybrid tips, i still didn't like these. So they gotta go. It is possible that i have been given a bad piece of iem, but i won't be able to tell that since i can't differentiate between fake and real if there is any or if it was a manufacturing defect. 

I don't mean to offend any hje900 users, but this is entirely my opinion. YMMV.

I guess i will have to hunt for some other iem's that possibly do some justice to my bass-head. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #315 of 599
No offense taken. Your experiences is totally not mine, so maybe you got a bad IEM. Regardless, good luck in finding something that suits you. 

Quote:
Just thought should update about how unsatisfied i am with hje900. 

I have returned hje900 and would be seeking a refund.

This earphone is just not my cup of tea. There is too much shrillness in voice and bass is relegated to backseat. There have been times/songs when i literally have to lower the volume since the voice of singer is too loud, sharp to my ears. Also i had to up the volume by approx 5-6 bars to get a good hearing. Not worth the effort my ears take beating for. Initially i was thinking it was fit issues, but even after getting good seal with Sony Hybrid tips, i still didn't like these. So they gotta go. It is possible that i have been given a bad piece of iem, but i won't be able to tell that since i can't differentiate between fake and real if there is any or if it was a manufacturing defect. 

I don't mean to offend any hje900 users, but this is entirely my opinion. YMMV.

I guess i will have to hunt for some other iem's that possibly do some justice to my bass-head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back