Panasonic RP-HDE10-S
Jul 3, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #16 of 30
How can it be push pull with only one diaphram? I believe audio Technica uses two drivers facing each other in their push pull setup. Does the one diaphram suspend between the two voice coils then get pushed and pulled a million times a min between the two sets of coils and magnets?

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #17 of 30
How can it be push pull with only one diaphram? I believe audio Technica uses two drivers facing each other in their push pull setup. Does the one diaphram suspend between the two voice coils then get pushed and pulled a million times a min between the two sets of coils and magnets?

Looks sort of like that in the illustrations, a shared multi-layer diapgrahm w/ one coil around the outer perimeter and then a smaller coil on the opposite side for the inner diameter. Maybe a little easier to figure out in this illustration:

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #18 of 30
the outer driver acts like a ring radiator driver and the center like a more traditional dynamic driver very interesting 

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 30
How do they stack up against your other iems?
What are there strengths and weaknesses?
How you have enjoyed them so far?
Have you tired aftermarket cables with them?

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #23 of 30
Oh and how do they compare to Panasonic's previous iem the HJE900, as these seem to be a successor of sorts if not at least spiritually?

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #24 of 30
  How do they stack up against your other iems?
What are there strengths and weaknesses?
How you have enjoyed them so far?
Have you tired aftermarket cables with them?

They stack up well - they don`t replace anything, and aren`t redundant.  They are great compliments to super hi-rez IEMs like my UM Maverick and the Dunu 2000J.  In fact, they are extremely similar to the 2000J in soundstage, with the Dunu bringing about 20% more detail/resolution.  Which is great, but not always what I feel like hearing. The Panasonics are like a relaxed 2000J.  

Strengths are the fit, responiveness to EQing and the remarkably high-end build quality.  Like I said before, these are probably the best-built IEMs I have ever owned, all metal, seamless construction; they look like they came off the AK assembly line.  The included tips are also pretty good, and (to me) unique.  I am using Spinfits with mine.  

Weaknesses . .  really, for the price, nothing.  Of course, A-Bing back and forth with the 2000J (as I just have been doing this morning) I notice the not-as-high resolution of the Panasonic.  But with some EQ, for example AK`s T5P preset tuning, the soundstage leaps out and the frequency extremes fill out sublty - it`s extremely enjoyable.  Frankly, and intangibly, the panasonics sound more `organic`, more musical than the Dunus.  This is with really critical listening, in a quiet room, A-Bing back and forth.  Not really realistic for typical IEM use.  No complaints really about the Panasonics. They are high quality, easy to use, listen to, and like. (Unlike Panasonic`s attempts at hi-rez audiophile headphones !)  If they were double or triple (or quintuple) the price, I would be disappointed.  But at this price point they beat the competition I own or have owned: DN2000, CKR9/10/LTD, etc.  They also seal relatively well, unlike the JVC FX850, which I put in this group of IEMs and which is probably the best for sound quality of all of them.  Unfortunately it is wide-open and useless to me as an IEM; it`s more of a headphone replacement than viable IEM for mobile use, IMO.  

I have indeed really enjoyed the Panasonics; here in Japan they are basically the best value IEM I have owned, on par with the Tenore for bang-for-buck.  

I have used 2 aftermarket cables, Bispa and Onso, both balanced 2.5mm for my AK and the Ratoc amp.  My current cable is the Onso 2.5 balanced with angled plug (pictured below).  Perfect pocket setup with the AK120ii.  

I have never heard those HJE900 you mentioned . . . .   

I hope this helps!  

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #25 of 30
TYVM for more detailed impressions
beerchug.gif

"The Panasonics are like a relaxed 2000J" sounds like it would be very enjoyable (a lot of impressions of the dn2002 are similar it seems), though personally have  filled that rotational spot with Q-Jays for the time being.

Totally agree about the fx850... great IEM but not much use out & about in the city where I do 90% of my listening.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #26 of 30
I've bought the RP-HDE10 recently and while I enjoy them quite a lot, I also find myself torn between excitement and disappointment. My impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-sealed-earphone-high-res-sound-source-silver-rp-hde10-s/reviews/16955

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #27 of 30
Ended up getting a set myself, everyone's impressions so far seem fairly consistent with my very early ones using my phone- nice but a little disappointed- one of the cable's TRS jack is bad (luckily they include a spare cable), and I notice some midrange "honkiness" (if that is the right word) on some vocals, particularly female, seems like that was mostly related to tip selection though not with every source.

On the positive side they have excellent presentation with good imaging/stereo placement and a pleasing bassy warmish sound but also fairly fast and detailed sounding (albiet a bit veiled as others noted), aside from the bass which is midbass focused and slower sounding but can have a strong punch (actually can be rather intense/fatiguing at louder volumes on bassy tracks)- it bleeds a little bit into the mids I think but in kind of a pleasant way that doesn't sound especially congested even with some more difficult kind of sloggy low-mid music (in this case the band Speedy Ortiz which I find 90% of iems struggle to play without smothering).

In spite of some disappointment, they're pretty close to the signature I was looking for and have clear potential, will definitely mess with EQ and tip rolling and probably try removing the nozzle material as ClieOS suggested... pending bravery upgrade :ph34r:

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #28 of 30
Hey could you point a place where one can buy those metal filters, also did you use hot glue to fir them?

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #29 of 30
  Hey could you point a place where one can buy those metal filters, also did you use hot glue to fir them?

I only know Taobao has them. I got mine here (dimension 4.8mm, a pair) and dirt cheap, though you might need a forwarding agent.

p/s: the metal filter already has double sided tape on them.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #30 of 30
Thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back