Panasonic RP-HDE10-S
Feb 8, 2016 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Dopaminer

Member of the Trade: Audio Dopamine
This IEM was announced autumn 2015 and was just released here in Japan a couple of weeks ago.  The build is all metal and includes a removable 4-pole cable. I demo`d them today for an extended period and they sounded impressive.  I need to get a set home for a quiet-time A/B comparison against some other IEMs.  

http://panasonic.jp/headphone/hde10/

Dynamic 11.5mm driver with `Actual Dual Driver`
34 ohms
108 db

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 30
+1, also really interested, these do look good in terms of design

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 30
HDE10-03.jpg

Measurement with an aftermarket metal filter (picture above). The stock fabric filter sounds a bit veil and definitely can use better eartips (the stock is a bit too thick IMO)

Good solid bass, warm sound, decent but smooth treble, pretty good soundstage as well. Musical and a good all-arounder, not bad for the price.

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 30
Hey Clieos! Always good to see you here.

So cool that you got your hands on theses. How's the build quality and fit whats the supposed proprietary tech going on in there again?

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 30
Hey Clieos! Always good to see you here.

So cool that you got your hands on theses. How's the build quality and fit whats the supposed proprietary tech going on in there again?

Pretty much build like a tank. but I received mine with one filter missing and therefore I replaced it with similar fabric filter, only to find that they sound veil with fabric filter but clean and clear without it. So I change them to metal filter instead as it doesn't change the tonality as much as fabric.

It is a a push-pull dual coil single diaphragm dynamic driver, probably designed to increase the sensitivity of the driver. It is kind of like a Tesla driver from Beyerdyanmic, except that Beyerdynamic does it by increasing the strength of the magnetic field in the magnet itself while Panasonic does it by packing in a second coil and magnet.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 30
I can concur they`re beautifully built, seemingly seamless metal uni-body earpieces.  I can also confirm the connector is standard mmcx - they work fine with my Bispa 2.5 mm balanced cable. 

And I agree the soundstage is excellent, better than my DN-2000J.  The Dunu is so far better for detail, especially in mids.  The Panasonic has some very nice instrument separation, however . . .   

Still early days but I`m liking them.  

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #11 of 30
  And I agree the soundstage is excellent, better than my DN-2000J.  The Dunu is so far better for detail, especially in mids.  The Panasonic has some very nice instrument separation, however . . .   

And how do they compare with DN-2000J on highs? I'm looking for something non-harsh and non-sibilant, so Panasonic might be a better choice?

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 30
And how do they compare with DN-2000J on highs? I'm looking for something non-harsh and non-sibilant, so Panasonic might be a better choice?

Have you considered the dn1000 or the original dn2000? A new Dunu hybrid should be out soon...

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 30
Have you considered the dn1000 or the original dn2000? A new Dunu hybrid should be out soon...

Yes, I do think of these too. What I really like about Panasonic is the built and detachable cables, they also seem non-bulky and probably isolate well.

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 30
there must be more impressions i was a die hard fan of the HJE900 and now there is a successor and we have no one talking about it for shame!

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #15 of 30
  there must be more impressions i was a die hard fan of the HJE900 and now there is a successor and we have no one talking about it for shame!

Yeah not much attention to these so far- I'm a fan of Panasonics budget stuff but missed out on the famous HJE900 so I'd love to give these (and the HD10-k full size) a go at some point but there's a lot of interesting stuff coming out.  Some people in the discoveries thread mentioned being curious as well but wanted to wait for price drop.

There are a few reviews over on Kakau if you can parse Google Translate  http://review.kakaku.com/review/K0000820236/#tab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back