Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Sep 3, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #106 of 217
I didn't buy them myself (I  preferred to get a whole new pair as I intend to do a few more things to it) but they advised me that the parts are: rfx0l68 for the left ear pad and rfx0l71 for the right ear pad. If you google the codes you'll get on some Japanese sites pictures similar to the originals but you need to make sure that's them.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #109 of 217
I got them via Panasonic's Japanese parts website. It's 1000 yen for each pad, one right and one left. So 4000 yen for two pairs of pads. 

http://ec-club.panasonic.jp/ITEM/RFX0L68_1__

There are companies that will take them in Japan and ship to Taiwan for me :)

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #112 of 217
  I saw mixed reviews about this headphone. And the price seems dropped a lot since release. I want to know why.

It's not a neutral headphone.
Upper mids are pushed up front; vocals, guitars, etc.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #114 of 217
One thing I noticed today was how much better it sounded when I wore the headphone in a different position. 

I'm not talking about yoga or contortion 
biggrin.gif
 but if I wear them further back on my ears the sound is more full and cohesive, less cavernous. 
I wear almost all over-ear headphones as far forward as possible so my ear lobes touch the back of the ear pad, since it's often the most comfortable for me and can give a larger sense of soundstage.
But with the HD10 it's very different.
I actually thought the imaging and sense of musical space improved drastically when worn as far back as comfort would allow, and the FR was more even. 

Of course, I do have fairly small/average ears, so I have some wiggle room with most headphones, so not everyone will have this experience.
Anyone else noticed something like this?

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #116 of 217
Does anyone know how these compare to the MSR7's ? Cheers

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #117 of 217
  Does anyone know how these compare to the MSR7's ? Cheers

I have had some time with either of those at some point, but not at the same time.

I prefer the MSR7's overall in terms of sound. More flat sounding and less honky sounding like what I've found with the Panasonics. 

The Panasonics, to me, are also a lot harsher in the treble region than the MSR7. The MSR7's mid to treble transition seems to be smoother (have not seen measurements of the Panasonics so I'm just throwing what I think out there).

I don't really remember how I felt about the bass on the Panasonics. I think both the Panasonics and MSR7's had the same lean (compared to the competition like the Momentum M2) and tight bass.

I prefer the mids on the MSR7's as well. More natural sounding, but still energetic. Sometimes a bit too forward for easy listening.

As for build, the Panasonics all the way. No creaks and everything swivels smoothly. The materials feel very premium and the drivers look gorgeous. The MSR7's creaks way too much and overall does not feel as premium.

Just my take though.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #118 of 217
Here, I made a short video about the HD-10. IMO, the MSR7 does better for fun listening with bass and mids. The HD-10 is better if you like treble like me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXh3H1-jkE

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #119 of 217
Thanks guys,tempted by the Pans,just not sure about the highs though. The MSR7's is probably my limit when it comes to treble !

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #120 of 217
anyone that have tried to change pads on these, were the result better with the bass, or any part of the sound or SQ?

are there any pads that fit these, that possible make them sound better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back