Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #137 of 217
Came across a used pair of these for a good price and decided not to pass it up. Early impressions are pretty good. I do notice the slightly nasally sound in the vocals and some harshness in the treble, so I'll look into some of the mods mentioned here, but the drivers seem capable and the headphones are comfortable and well-built

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #138 of 217
Came across a used pair of these for a good price and decided not to pass it up. Early impressions are pretty good. I do notice the slightly nasally sound in the vocals and some harshness in the treble, so I'll look into some of the mods mentioned here, but the drivers seem capable and the headphones are comfortable and well-built

Yes you are right, It does somewhat depend on which vocals though.
Treble is clear though and alot of time the harshness comes from the recording itself. Atleast this is what I have found in the last weeks of listening to it.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #141 of 217
I didnt had the chanche to test hd5, anyway hd10 response is VERY fast, and I can tell you it suits heavy and thrash metal very very well. Double bassdrum fills are tight and not bloomy at all. Songs I use to test hp tightness: everything from Slayer Reign in Blood, latest Megadeth, Tornado of Souls first minute.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #142 of 217
This headphone is like bipolar marmite... sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.
It was SO at the bottom of my list the past few months... then put it on last night as a sort of "one last time before I pack it away for selling"... and I loved it again -__- 
It's coloured, it's not totally natural sounding, but it's tight, punchy and really fun.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #145 of 217
True, turns out it's quite nice with official 770/880 foam discs behind the earpads and a bit of EQ to get moar bass and less trebles.

I kinda get the feeling that they were dying to show off their rainbow colored driver in order to copycat the z1k/7520 look but it ends up sounding too mids forward and provide very poor protection against earwax.

It's quite a PITA to get off the earpads, I'm afraid of breaking those tiny pins and did anyone show pics of what's up behind the baffles?

It's also funny how every chinese cheapie seller stole their driver pictures:

http://www.crossupshin.com/Earphoneshop/Panasonic/Panasonic-RP-HD10E-18ohm-Headphone_02.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ips...3-5mm-Earbuds-for-all-Mobile/32692945647.html

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #149 of 217
there's nothing like a fresh pair of earpads DSCN0001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back