Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
May 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #78 of 217
Hi, just received this cable. And yes, I'm not disappointed. 
Sound is mush better as for me - bass stronger, treble more detailed etc
But flexibility is the pay for the sound but I will keep it anyway. Thank you for recomendations!

May 19, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #83 of 217
I've had the HD10 for a couple of days and I'm really surprised they're not more popular. 
There's a lot to like about these headphones. 
Been using them at home and as portables. I don't think I've had a headphone I was happy to use for both situations as much as this one.

May 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #84 of 217
I've had the HD10 for a couple of days and I'm really surprised they're not more popular. 
There's a lot to like about these headphones. 
Been using them at home and as portables. I don't think I've had a headphone I was happy to use for both situations as much as this one.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say this but I actually didn't like my time with the HD10. I found them way too honky sounding and the treble way too ear piercing. I guess it's a preference thing but I'm surprised no one else really mentioned that they were ear piercing or that they are pretty bright.

May 19, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #85 of 217

I guess I'm in the minority when I say this but I actually didn't like my time with the HD10. I found them way too honky sounding and the treble way too ear piercing. I guess it's a preference thing but I'm surprised no one else really mentioned that they were ear piercing or that they are pretty bright.

While I actually agree with you for the most part, it seems that the trade-offs might be worth it if you're looking for particular strength like soundstage and separation.
I found that these are ruthless when it comes to poorly recorded music, making the timbre sound honky as you described.
Which was surprising, because when I put on well recorded music (often big budget mainstream music) this does not seem to be the case, or to a far lesser extent. 

I actually find them pretty close to neutral (overall ignoring the dips etc). If you find these bright, steer WELL clear of the Technics T700 - you'll think those are sonic razor blades. 
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #87 of 217
After a bit more time with these, the honkiness in the mids is becoming very evident.
There is a very real tonality issue with these that desperately needs addressing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back