Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Apr 14, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #64 of 217
Got the new HPSC-35/1.3 cable for the HD10 unexpectedly early. From the box it immediately opened up the sound - more air, clarity, details and wider sound stage. Immensely satisfying. Bass needs a bit more of control at times and I put it on continuous burn-in to get tidy. Comparing to its predecessor it gives a much bigger natural sound overall. It is stiffer though because of the silk coating and it gives some slight mechanical echoing when touched, but it is peanuts as one has such pleasant listening advantages it brings in the main department. Will wait a couple of days for things to settle down. The new Oyaide is a great companion to the HD10 already.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #67 of 217
In my case I do not care about the HP any more as they literally disappeared with this cable after several days of burn-in . My combos in various set-ups are Xperia Z5+Mojo+HD10, Tab S+Mojo+HD10, Z5+HRTdSp(Android)+HD10 for mobile use.  The second one is the most extraordinary. Hope you will find the same very soon. Try also Deoxit Gold for better contacts.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #72 of 217
Picked up these headphones last week, as I wanted a pair of over ears for commuting, to supplement my in-ears.

I agree with what pholcus 1975 has written about the sound signature.

Addictive listen. EDM has pleased me, hearing new details tbh, and in an enjoyable way. Male vocals sounded recessed a little, but not too annoyingly so. Pop and rock has faired well.
Low bitrates on mp3 files will be exposed. Not forgiving on my 128 kbps. Be warned there.
Derrick May's Strings of Life is a pleasure on these. Just hits at the right speed. Hate laid back cans, so probably explains why I chose these cans.
I picked these up for 157,000won luckily ($136), very good value for money if looking for details and speed with bass quality, and if one hates 'laid back send me to sleep cans'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back