Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Aug 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #16 of 217
Now it comes with a little brother RP-HD5. http://www.panasonic.com/de/consumer/home-entertainment/kopf-ohrhoerer/kopfhoerer/rp-hd5.html

I have tried to put on those headphones but can't get a chance to listen to them. I wonder how it sounds.
The HD5 comes with a 1.2m NON-removable cable and seems that it does not use the ML-diaphragm  drivers. It is smaller in size comparing to HD10 and the ear pad are not as comfortable as the HD10. However, it just costs less than half of HD10.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 217

what was your source when you listened to the rp-hd10 ? 

Mine was either out of an Arcam A32 amp with Tidal lossless through a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC or via a MacBook Air and  little Herus + DAC/Amp.

I have now added an Oppo HA-2 to the mix and Tidal via my Samsung S6 through the Oppo and out of the Panny headphones sounds awesome !!   Full and detailed.   I was thinking about some Oppo PM3's to go with the HA-2 but the Panasonic headphones work so well with it I think any idea of spending ££ on PM3's would be stupid.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #23 of 217
Oct 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #25 of 217
I've traded with a felllow head-fier and received these.

I can say that it's like a more nasal Grado SR225e with more bass. Highs can be piercing at times but not SoundMagic HP200 piercing. 

The bass is decent but is a bit overshadowed by the highs and upper mids bump. It's an interesting change to the warm and forgiving portable headphones today.

I haven't heard the MSR7, MDR-1A/1R, but I have the Momentum M2's to compare. 

Momentum M2 - Much more polite, warm, and easy to listen to, better with slower genres and vocals in general, not as comfortable as the Panasonics (sweaty)
RP-HD10 - Much more harsh but your mileage may vary, vocals remind me a bit of the ATH-ESW9A where female vocals really shine but not as wonderful, much more comfortable due to bigger pads and more depth from drivers, adjustable headband forward is pretty gimmicky; I DID have to EQ the treble and upper mids down a bit

I don't think either is a step up from each other, just different sounds but honestly the Momentum M2's are a LOT safer choice.

Reasons for Momentum M2's over RP-HD10's: Agreeable sound signature, very portable (folds up), looks good (if you like the look)
Reasons for RP-HD10's over the Momentum M2's: If you favor highs and upper mids over warmer sound, very comfortable, folds flat, thicker stock cable and easy to replace (3.5mm to 3.5mm), looks (again, very subjective)

Also, I would just like to mention the headband on the Panasonics is gorgeous. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #26 of 217
Second Impressions:

Just get the Momentum M2's. I found myself CONSTANTLY adjusting the EQ curve song after song. It was either too nasal or too hollow sounding. 

After resetting the curve back to flat, everything just sounded very analog like those old school TVs that only showed black and white images. 

Honestly, with an EQ curve they're not terrible, but for their price of about 200 USD on Amazon I don't think they're worth it at all.

I came home and tried on the Momentum M2's and everything was right (maybe except how it's a little too polite).

I'm sorry, Panasonic but I don't think you got a winner this time. I would hope that they continue to make headphones and constantly improve though.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #29 of 217
Hi Feilong4, which source did you use for hd-10?

I used my phone and my Fiio Andes E07K.  As for files, I threw it some Flac and MP3 files.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #30 of 217
I tested it in a shop with a phone Note 5 and an old sony walkman mp3 player. And sound was very different. I think phone cannot provide a necessary voltage for a good low bass through hd10, but i felt a lot of mid bass,I think they are require a more powerful source. But this is strange looking to their impedance. Now I am doubt whether to buy it. Did you fill the difference between phone and player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back