Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Oct 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #369 of 920
I just found out that I'm receiving these as an early birthday gift today.  I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #370 of 920
I got my pair of these today, only to find that one of the buds didn't work. Not very impressed with the sound ether, I thought my relatively cheap sonys sounded better. There was almost no bass and the top end was really high, this made symbols sound pretty awesome but everything else was just tinny.

Returning these to play.com and going back to my crappy temporary buds for now...

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #371 of 920

Quote:
I just found out that I'm receiving these as an early birthday gift today.  I'm looking forward to hearing them.

That's a nice gift there. I need people w ho buy me stuff like that for my birthday
smily_headphones1.gif
It might be a good in between earphone with the W2 and W3 you have if you understand what I mean.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #372 of 920
I think you got a defective pair. I have yet to read anyone - including me - say there is "almost no bass." These iems deliver the bass. Yes, either you're not getting a good seal or the it's defective ( I would bet on the latter).

Quote:
I got my pair of these today, only to find that one of the buds didn't work. Not very impressed with the sound ether, I thought my relatively cheap sonys sounded better. There was almost no bass and the top end was really high, this made symbols sound pretty awesome but everything else was just tinny.

Returning these to play.com and going back to my crappy temporary buds for now...

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #373 of 920

Quote:
I think you got a defective pair. I have yet to read anyone - including me - say there is "almost no bass." These iems deliver the bass. Yes, either you're not getting a good seal or the it's defective ( I would bet on the latter).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was me getting a bad seal. I have really small ear canals and the 'phones I had before were sony MDR-EX85LP which if you look up you can see don't need really good insertion, they just sit inside your ear.

I'm kinda confused as what to do now, because I'm just getting my money back from play, not a replacement model. I'll probably just save the money and try and get a really expensive pair, my freinds were confused enough as to why I would spend 100 quid on headphones anyway
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #374 of 920
Your saying that one side isn't working? If this is the case it will change the sound dramatically. The sound that is coming out of the one working side is not what it will sound like with both sides working.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #375 of 920

Quote:
Your saying that one side isn't working? If this is the case it will change the sound dramatically. The sound that is coming out of the one working side is not what it will sound like with both sides working.

by this do you mean that I will just get a different sound from not having one 'phone in, or that the sound from the one that works will be different because of the defective one? 

I don't quite understand how that makes any sense, you will get the same sound from an IEM even if it's pair doesn't work surely? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back