Pairing food with headphones
Dec 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

OrionPax

Head-Fier
Does anyone else pair different foods with headphones? For example, when eating barbecue, especially slow cooked styles, I enjoy listening to my ATH-A700's because of their darker, more bassy sound stage. When eating steak and having a glass of wine, I prefer my HD 555's because they are more neutral and allow me to enjoy the flavors of the meal a little more. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has this same thought or even notices a difference, but let me know what you think 

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 22
I always like McDonalds and my Super.fi 5s

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 22

Quote:
Does anyone else pair different foods with headphones? For example, when eating barbecue, especially slow cooked styles, I enjoy listening to my ATH-A700's because of their darker, more bassy sound stage. When eating steak and having a glass of wine, I prefer my HD 555's because they are more neutral and allow me to enjoy the flavors of the meal a little more. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has this same thought or even notices a difference, but let me know what you think 

lol What?

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 22
I don't like to eat with my full size headphones on...
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 22
Can't hear correctly when munching, so.
That said, I thought this post was about "what food would you accord to a specific headphone according to the sound signature". Out of the Discman D-33, Coppers would be New York steak and a splash of black peppers. EW9... I'd go out on a limb here and say lime wagashi. DT880 just changes way too much with different amps.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
Can't hear correctly when munching, so.
That said, I thought this post was about "what food would you accord to a specific headphone according to the sound signature". Out of the Discman D-33, Coppers would be New York steak and a splash of black peppers. EW9... I'd go out on a limb here and say lime wagashi. DT880 just changes way too much with different amps.

Well it sort of is about that. I pick my headphones that have sound signatures that accentuate the food I'm eating. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #13 of 22
LOL...the newest craze...pairing headphones with cheese and wine...

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 22
What a kooky thread! I kind of like it, though it probably should have been in the Lounge.

Eating while listening produces microphonics for me, especially with closed headphones, so I generally avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back