PA2V2 vs ZO2, vs iBasso vs E11
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
I don't think this has been fully asked and analyzed yet together as one.
So i'm thinking of getting something new to raise my sound quality. 

I am currently looking at the PA2V2,s the iBAsso whatevers, and the ZO2, and E11

I am particularly intrigued with the PA2V2's. i have the SRH440's, and HFI 580's. and i am in need of an amp :/ They are driven well with my ipod. but the ipod stops short of where i want them. And they sound horrendus comming straight out(my E5 broke) i also need it because one of my albums are ripped from a vinyl and they start clipping a lot when I use the ipod.only when i go through the Macbook pro does the clipping not happen..so an amp i need

I like my music loud and lively. however i am at a crossroads. i like bass..but don't know if the ZO2's are a good deal against eh PA2V2's

What do you guys think?

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 32
ZO2. You simply wont get the same level of immersion from a 'normal' amp, and you definitely wont get the same bass impact. The tradeoff is that such obvious coloration (perhaps 'manipulation' might be a better word) isn't to everyone's taste, but at the ZO2's asking price and overall popularity, it should be a relatively painless addition to your kit. I have plugged several amps into the headphone out on my laptop, and the ZO2 is the only gadget that makes it an attractive option for everything from music to games to movies. Its a cheap, unassuming chunk of black plastic that wont impress your friends, at least until they hear it for themselves.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 32

Quote:
ZO2. You simply wont get the same level of immersion from a 'normal' amp, and you definitely wont get the same bass impact. The tradeoff is that such obvious coloration (perhaps 'manipulation' might be a better word) isn't to everyone's taste, but at the ZO2's asking price and overall popularity, it should be a relatively painless addition to your kit. I have plugged several amps into the headphone out on my laptop, and the ZO2 is the only gadget that makes it an attractive option for everything from music to games to movies. Its a cheap, unassuming chunk of black plastic that wont impress your friends, at least until they hear it for themselves.

Have you tried the PA2V2's. they have been reviewed very nicely?=

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 32
Yes, Mike certainly thought highly of it, but have you read his review of the ZO2 ? For what you want, I think the latter is a better fit.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 32
http://www.headfonia.com/

Its the lead story as I type this - about a bazillion other reviews in there too.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 32
I was also trying to choose between some I the amps above an found the digizoid to be more of what I'm looking for. Only problem I see is it seems everywhere I look it's sold out. Anyone know where to get em?.

Thanks in advance!.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 32
I've had PA2V2 but didn't like it, was too warm sounding amp and didn't end up using it and didn't like the artificial sounding bass "punch" it added. For me ZO was a lot better sounding.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 32

Quote:
I was also trying to choose between some I the amps above an found the digizoid to be more of what I'm looking for. Only problem I see is it seems everywhere I look it's sold out. Anyone know where to get em?.
Thanks in advance!.

And that is precisely what I predicted when people were sitting on the fence re the ZO2 some months back. Even with the stuffups, Digizoid cant build these things fast enough to meet demand.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 32
I never quite understand the popularity of PA2V2 in the forum. As far as my own opinion goes, it is technically a far lesser amp than other amps the OP has mentioned. Even ZOv1 is better in most regard.

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #12 of 32

Quote:
I never quite understand the popularity of PA2V2 in the forum. As far as my own opinion goes, it is technically a far lesser amp than other amps the OP has mentioned. Even ZOv1 is better in most regard.

I'm  currently asking digizoid themselves what the power rating of this is(like what mW @ what Ohms)
and....they don't know it themselves. as i one of the members of their marketing team doesn't know this...

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
I'm  currently asking digizoid themselves what the power rating of this is(like what mW @ what Ohms)
and....they don't know it themselves. as i one of the members of their marketing team doesn't know this...

They are a family-owned company, with one tech guy and, I believe, the others doing the sales/marketing etc. I have never worked in a tech job where Marketing really knew what they were talking about.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 32
I have never worked in a tech job where Marketing really knew what they were talking about.

That's probably true for most sale person in electronic chain store as well.:rolleyes:

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #15 of 32

Quote:
They are a family-owned company, with one tech guy and, I believe, the others doing the sales/marketing etc. I have never worked in a tech job where Marketing really knew what they were talking about.

really!?? the ZO2's website is not very well functioning, but looks very professional

Quote:
That's probably true for most sale person in electronic chain store as well.
rolleyes.gif

haha yeah. 
Me: Can you tell me what this does?
Dude(Bestubuy): *reads off box like I can't and haven't read already* ummm this thing does..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back