P5 or T50P or other
May 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 11
I compared the T50p out of the box with the P5 when I got them and I preferred the P5 (shop set, very well burnt in). 400+hrs later I'm finding the T50p more refined with better details and better control over the treble. Just my impression... YMMV~

May 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 11
i get the feeling B&W will release the sequel to the P5's in 2012, offering Air Play so effectively a wireless can which will effortlessly play lossless files. Could be interesting, and of course i think the sound will be improved.

May 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
i get the feeling B&W will release the sequel to the P5's in 2012, offering Air Play so effectively a wireless can which will effortlessly play lossless files. Could be interesting, and of course i think the sound will be improved.

They'll need to insert a WIFI receiver into the headphones... and it'll be limited to indoors?

May 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Yes you are right, Perhaps offer Kleer or Bluetooth...

Expensive on the go cans now are moving to wireless, i don't mind personally but it's happening.

Don't buy in so long as they're still on bluetooth... the bit-rate's too pathetic to ever provide true hi-fi experience you get from wired options... at least for now...

May 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Don't buy in so long as they're still on bluetooth... the bit-rate's too pathetic to ever provide true hi-fi experience you get from wired options... at least for now...

My Z1000's have served me good for commuting, but i don't appreciate all it has to offer due to the surrounding noise. You are very (although the Z1000's are VERY close) unlikely to get "true hi-fi" experience from any on the go can. That's why wireless wouldn't be a detrimental move, with a wired option at your disposal

May 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:

I beg to differ. True the bluetooth might not offer good bit transfers but they do a decent enough job. I normally use a minibridge + mic adapter with my on-the-go cans so I can keep the phone in the pocket at all times and for most parts they do very well. I'm not gonna carefully discern the quality of music being played while on the go, they're from the iPod anyway. At home then the wires come back to play. But the minibridge still has its uses as when the phone is charging, you're still able to bring headphones anywhere in the house!! gardening, laundry, at the pool table etc.

May 11, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:

I beg to differ. True the bluetooth might not offer good bit transfers but they do a decent enough job. I normally use a minibridge + mic adapter with my on-the-go cans so I can keep the phone in the pocket at all times and for most parts they do very well. I'm not gonna carefully discern the quality of music being played while on the go, they're from the iPod anyway. At home then the wires come back to play. But the minibridge still has its uses as when the phone is charging, you're still able to bring headphones anywhere in the house!! gardening, laundry, at the pool table etc.

You're not differing but agreeing with me actually... and I agree that they are "decent enough", off-hand I'd say comparable to a 128kbps recording at best. But I must disagree on the "from the iPod anyway" statement. Yes you can't compare to full fledged home systems, but with my current setup, even without the iMod, I would say its around 60% of the quality you can get back at home. Those with decked out CLAS combos can probably churn out more. I like being able to have portable quality music on the go, when i'm on the train, or during my breaks.

Btw, Bluetooth has a range of around 10m isn't it? That said, I think we digress :) Lets continue this in some other thread haha... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back